Soft top lube.

ssh6314

My new tinted windows for my soft top will be in Monday. Any specific lubricant for the zippers you guys recommend. I don't really want to break out the WD-40. And this will be the first time talking the windows out since I bought it in Nov. So I want to make sure they are taken care of. Thanks!

Sent from my PG86100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jersey_Devil

I never even thought about using a lube on the zippers.... That's a good idea! I'll be wanting to know this too..

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I hear KY works well..... Come on you can't start a thread with the word "Lube" in it and not expect some inappropriateness.

But truly, I never thought of lubing the zippers. Just slap them on and zip and unzip a few times. I bought tinted panels about 8 months ago and had no issues.

ssh6314

Lube was intentional ;). In Washington. The rain. Mud. And dust mixture can get hard on the soft top. I've heard of people using a lubricant on zippers. I just don't want to spray wd-40. So was looking for for other options

Sent from my EVO-3D using WAYALIFE mobile app

hillybilly

In the military we used a zipper wax for our wetsuits. It comes in sticks (like a glue stick). It would work really well for this application. It won't degrade your softtop fabric or mess up your windows. I believe one of them I used was called zip tech, or something like that. Any of the dive shops online should carry it.

JethroJK

I use a wax based lubricant. It is actually made for road bicycle chains. It repeals dirt. White Lightning is the name. Works well.

Pushrod

I don't think I would use WD-40 either, it would make dust and dirt stick on the very parts you are trying to improve. I have rubbed mine down with parafin wax and that seems to lub it without making it wet. The wet suit zipper wax sounds like a real good product since it is made specifically for a zipper. I think making sure it clean is the best thing to do.

MTG

Caught the Bug
WD-40 is a solvent not a lubricant. 👍

I'd buy the mopar stuff of some sort of "dry" lubricant.

Pushrod

Wd-40

^^2X
I have sprayed WD-40 on the sides of my vehicles to desolve road tar, it just disolves the tar so it washes off easily. I think just keeping the zippers good and clean keeps them from binding. I pull the velcro loose and pressure wash them at the carwash. I just don't stick the spray wand up close to the zipper and water doesn't penetrate.

Top Bottom