3.5 backspacing with a stock 255 tire?

jeepr13

Wondering if I would have any issues running a 3.5 backspaced steelie rim with my stock 255s. Love the look of a wide stance and a black steel rim. Eventually plan on going to a 35" tire, but want to go to a wider stance and steel rims now and then save up for the 35s. My only hesitation is that the tires are for an 18" rim and I planned on going to a 35x15 eventually because 35x15s are generally cheaper than 35x18s... Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T350 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While you can do it and without any problems, I personally would recommend that you hold off until you can afford to get 17" wheels and tires to match. Much like 15" wheels, there are tons of tires available in a 17" diameter and because it's such a common size, they can be had for a reasonable price too. 18" is just an odd size and that's why tires for them cost so much more.

jeepr13

While you can do it and without any problems, I personally would recommend that you hold off until you can afford to get 17" wheels and tires to match. Much like 15" wheels, there are tons of tires available in a 17" diameter and because it's such a common size, they can be had for a reasonable price too. 18" is just an odd size and that's why tires for them cost so much more.

Thanks Eddie! That's what I figured just getting impatient haha I'll plastidip my stock rims in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom