6 weeks to figure it out......

MrEmmDubya

Thought i would share this for anybody that might have a similar issue. 6 weeks ago my girlfriends 2012 Wrangler 6 speed manuel started acting up. Didnt matter if she was on an incline or decline, if it was cold or warm, or what gear its in. Intermittently the Jeep would have a relatively violent studder. I checked all the fluids, plugs, battery and coil packs. So, off to the dealer i go. 4 separate visits, no codes set and the dealer sends me home with a flight recorder and instructed me to hit the remote button every time it happens. Went back and it recorded nothing. The dealer wanted to start throwing parts at it, throttle body and pedal assembly. I passed. Worked with a buddy and even though no codes he suggestion was to replace the Crankshaft sensor.
After 6 weeks its finally fixed, the sensor was the issue.
I know intermittent problems are very difficult sometimes but i am disappointed i got no help from a Jeep dealer.

BaddestCross

Intermittent problems are the bane of every technician's existence. That said, I have yet to have any auto mechanic solve an intermittent problem ever in my 30+ years of owning vehicles.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

MrEmmDubya

Got lucky an old friend has such a back ground. I figured this was something the dealer should figure out and i wouldnt have to take advantage of a friend. He told me i was an jack wagon for not coming to him right away.

Jkbroc

Intermittent problems are the bane of every technician's existence. That said, I have yet to have any auto mechanic solve an intermittent problem ever in my 30+ years of owning vehicles.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
You couldn't have worded that first sentence any better. I do commerical and industrial HVAC and the worst thing is when you get a call for a unit that is running fine but was doing this and making a noise and you can't duplicate the problem again. You can either take your best guess and unfortunately throw a part at it or someone has to pay for your time to babysit the thing until it does it again. Since it was under warranty throwing parts is the cheaper thing to do for the dealer. Glad that OP figured it out. Sure it will help someone out down the road.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Thought i would share this for anybody that might have a similar issue. 6 weeks ago my girlfriends 2012 Wrangler 6 speed manuel started acting up. Didnt matter if she was on an incline or decline, if it was cold or warm, or what gear its in. Intermittently the Jeep would have a relatively violent studder. I checked all the fluids, plugs, battery and coil packs. So, off to the dealer i go. 4 separate visits, no codes set and the dealer sends me home with a flight recorder and instructed me to hit the remote button every time it happens. Went back and it recorded nothing. The dealer wanted to start throwing parts at it, throttle body and pedal assembly. I passed. Worked with a buddy and even though no codes he suggestion was to replace the Crankshaft sensor.
After 6 weeks its finally fixed, the sensor was the issue.
I know intermittent problems are very difficult sometimes but i am disappointed i got no help from a Jeep dealer.

You can't count on the dealer these days. I am glad you got your issue figured out. It's good to have friends that know their shit. Not many good people left in this world.
Good luck and Jeep on
Thanks for sharing this!

.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

Top Bottom