What do you use to clean plastic windows

naysjp

Caught the Bug
My passenger side window has a fog on it. I got it a couple of years ago and it's not Mopar but it seems to have a fog to it even though the surface is not scratched up. I pressure the jeep when I wash it and don't put any brushes on it when I was the Jeep. Anyone use any kind of cream or something to clean the plastic on their soft tops and upper windows? I have to keep these until I get the glass sliders that I really want.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
My passenger side window has a fog on it. I got it a couple of years ago and it's not Mopar but it seems to have a fog to it even though the surface is not scratched up. I pressure the jeep when I wash it and don't put any brushes on it when I was the Jeep. Anyone use any kind of cream or something to clean the plastic on their soft tops and upper windows? I have to keep these until I get the glass sliders that I really want.

Do you have this on your 1/2 door windows or your soft top?

In any case I recommend you take it to your local auto parts store and see what they recommend. Otherwise a carwarsh where they detail cars would also be a good resource.

heybob

I've used plexus for the windows for the past 3 years. They stills are nice and the material looks new besides the scratches from trees. I've seen you tube vids using metal polish and a buffer but I'd try a window restore product first.

ShafferNY

Go to Walmart and buy the Mothers headlight restore kit. It works great. Just wash your windows with soap and water first.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Krynn

Plexus is what I use to clean mine.

To remove scratches and/or fogging, well, I haven't had to do that yet on my Jeep. On the other hand, we've got the same sort of plastic windows around the cockpit of my dad's sailboat. When they get too scratched/fogged up, we break out a soft cloth and some toothpaste (be sure it's paste and not the gel stuff, and I've avoided any with 'whitening agents' in them as that might cause worse fogging). Lay a towel down on a hard surface, lay the window down on top of it, squirt some toothpaste on it, soak your soft cloth then squeeze just enough water out so that it's not dripping everywhere, then start polishing. Rinse it off and check your work every so often - you don't want to polish away more of the plastic than you absolutely have to. It's a little tedious, but you can remove most of the fine scratches and pretty much all fogging that way.

If the fogging was caused by exposure to certain chemicals, and the exposure penetrated all the way through the plastic, well... then you're sorta screwed. Other than that, you should be able to get your windows nice and clear again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom