homemade 3.8 jk headers

weldfab21

Hi just wanted to start out by saying hi to everyone as this is my first post! My stock exhaust manifolds had developed a large crack and being a welder/fabricator decided to create some new headers. I have ran these for about 2.5 weeks so far and have noticed a increase in power and the new headers produce a deeper rumble than the stock manifolds. During the build I decided to get rid of the 4 stock cats and add 2 magnaflow hi flow cats. I Used v band flanges for connecting the y section to the headers and the y is slip fit to the stock exhaust. Everything is made of 304 stainless and was tig welded and backpurged. IMG_2630.jpg IMG_2680.jpg IMG_2647.jpg IMG_2683.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_2762.jpg
    IMG_2762.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 90

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Hi just wanted to start out by saying hi to everyone as this is my first post! My stock exhaust manifolds had developed a large crack and being a welder/fabricator decided to create some new headers. I have ran these for about 2.5 weeks so far and have noticed a increase in power and the new headers produce a deeper rumble than the stock manifolds. During the build I decided to get rid of the 4 stock cats and add 2 magnaflow hi flow cats. I Used v band flanges for connecting the y section to the headers and the y is slip fit to the stock exhaust. Everything is made of 304 stainless and was tig welded and backpurged.

Wow, not your typical DIY project. You obviously have some technical skill in the field. Nice work!

That being said, the way your post reads is a lot like a sales pitch of some sort. I hope not since that wouldn't be allowed.

If you're here for the right reasons, then head over to the give a wave section and introduce yourself:

http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave

If your next step is to pimp or sell your services, you won't be welcomed by the group.

weldfab21

Wow, not your typical DIY project. You obviously have some technical skill in the field. Nice work!

That being said, the way your post reads is a lot like a sales pitch of some sort. I hope not since that wouldn't be allowed.

If you're here for the right reasons, then head over to the give a wave section and introduce yourself:

http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave

If your next step is to pimp or sell your services, you won't be welcomed by the group.

thanks
wasn't intending it to sound like a sales pitch just wanted to give all of the specifications of the build as a lot of time and work went into the project.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
You go out of your way to create an account and immediately post up your "home made" headers. This is not a show case for your headers dude. Your intentions are very clear, any reasonable person would agree.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom