Electrical Issies

hobbse66

So over the weekend I brought in my 08 jku to the dealer because I was having some electrical issues. After 20 min of driving the electrical lightning bolt light would come on and the engine would be slow to respond and rpms would bounce. The shop narrowed it down to one of the wiring harnesses not connecting all the way. They also preformed some recall work, something to do with the drivers airbag and spring? Not sure exactly off hand...either way now my interior lights don't turn on, power locks for the gate don't work and air bag light are on. Any ideas on what the issue could be? Maybe they forgot to plug something back in or a fuse blew?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JOHNNYICE4

Gotta love a jeep! Haha, I would start with fuses. Those are some odd combinations though. Is it throwing any codes? Autozone will read them for free...

Black Beast Mecanic

hobbse66

No codes. That's one of the reasons why I took it to the shop. I was driving home the other day the engine was acting up, started to look at it with a buddy all the sudden the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Come to find out the 2 bolts that hold the hose from the engine to the egr valuable came out. So we pulled off all of the wiring harnesses, battery, battery tray etc to access it and out in new bolts. Put everything back together and she ran fine. Then the lightning bolt pops up with no codes. So to the shop I went.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Sounds like a loose ground. I would Go back through where you guys were working and check and make sure the grounds are tight and getting good contact.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The ETC light that you got could very well be a wiring harness issue especially being that you have a 2008. Early on, we had problems with the ETC on our 2007 JK and it turned out to be a faulty harness and one that needed to be replaced. Fortunately, the dealership covered it under warranty.

jeeeep

Hooked
So over the weekend I brought in my 08 jku to the dealer because I was having some electrical issues. After 20 min of driving the electrical lightning bolt light would come on and the engine would be slow to respond and rpms would bounce. The shop narrowed it down to one of the wiring harnesses not connecting all the way. They also preformed some recall work, something to do with the drivers airbag and spring? Not sure exactly off hand...either way now my interior lights don't turn on, power locks for the gate don't work and air bag light are on. Any ideas on what the issue could be? Maybe they forgot to plug something back in or a fuse blew?

if they replaced the Clock Spring they may have not plugged everything back in correctly or you got a faulty clock spring - I'd take it back to the dealer and have them correct it.

Top Bottom