Plug cords from engine block?

JKsix

I have a stupid question but I noticed on my 98 TJ and now my 08 JK both have plug in cords coming from what I can only assume is the engine block. I know diesels come with block heaters to help them start when it's cold but I'm not sure why a gas V6 wrangler would have one? Can anyone explain the purpose of this plug cord on my jeep?

mgmavant

I've got an 08 as well and it came with a plug-in block heater. I never have never used it. My old Dodge Ram with the Cummins had one as well, and I kept that thing plugged in just about every night during the winter.

JKsix

I've got an 08 as well and it came with a plug-in block heater. I never have never used it. My old Dodge Ram with the Cummins had one as well, and I kept that thing plugged in just about every night during the winter.

That's what I assume it is (a block heater) but that just seems weird to me to have on a gas engine.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I am guessing it depends on where its destination was intended on being. A lot of colder climates have block heaters just to help them start in the winter, diesel or not. I know of a few buddies who had them growing up in upstate NY.

Hightower

You have an electric JK lol. It's standard in cold climates to run block heaters on gas as well as diesel vehicle.

Holeshot

Banned
wonder why? look at these temps... it was last week... Needless to say that you HAVE to plug your bloc heater if you don't want to stay stock.

temp.jpg

kb3ejw

I am guessing it depends on where its destination was intended on being. A lot of colder climates have block heaters just to help them start in the winter, diesel or not. I know of a few buddies who had them growing up in upstate NY.

x2
it is an option for cold weather climates.if your jeep was headed for that neck of the woods.it would have it.

Top Bottom