Drive train question

Thumper291

I have a 2012 jku sport. What would I need to do to it to make all 4 wheels drive.. Not into rock crawling being from Mass. But would like to do some trails.

Skid_Kid

Front and rear lockers of some sort. If you looking for just for the winter and lite wheeling then maybe a limited slips. Try looking up Eaton Detroit Truetracs.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I have a 2012 jku sport. What would I need to do to it to make all 4 wheels drive.. Not into rock crawling being from Mass. But would like to do some trails.

That's easy you put your transfer case I to 4HI for higher speeds. 4Lo for crawling.

I've got no lockers front or rear and have done fine on every trail I've come across in So Cali.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm a little confused. Are you asking about making a 2wd a 4wd or asking how to put it into 4wd? :thinking:

Thumper291

I talking about when the wheel slips it sends power to the other side. I would like the axles to be locked so I have true 4 wheel drive. Wasn't sure if it could be bypassed.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I talking about when the wheel slips it sends power to the other side. I would like the axles to be locked so I have true 4 wheel drive. Wasn't sure if it could be bypassed.

Read your Jeep manual. There's info in there about turning off your traction control partially or fully.

arashi

I've tried both, before purchasing (no lockers / lockers) HUGE difference! When a say tried it, I say try both jeep on the same trail, with all stock on it. The only difference was the lockers...

Top Bottom