Some People Suck

Well...

My Jeep got broken into. The thieves broke my rear passenger side window on my hard top. Sucks, but it happens... right?

I realized that some people do in fact suck, and our Jeeps are pretty vulnerable to their suckiness so I ordered a couple of locking bolts for my doors so they don't walk away on their own one night. I live in an area where this will most likely happen again.

I'm pretty bummed that I have to replace this window seeing as they tried to break my front window first and failed (would have been cheaper to replace). Oh well. So now I'm thinking, is there anything cool that I could do with this situation instead of just replacing the window? I saw a replacement that would hold a rotopax instead of an actual glass window which was pretty cool... until I saw that it was over a grand...

So I'm wondering if you guys have seen anything like this that I may have missed? Or should I just suck it up and replace the window...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry man. Shitty feeling having your personal property being intruded like that. Has happened to me a few times in my life. Not sure of any cool window ideas but I'll be sure to post up here if I come across anything.

desertrunner

That sucks man i feel your pain i grew up out in lancaster and one weekend we were getting all our dirtbikes loaded up in our toy hauler and some dumb asses in broad day light while we were home rolled up and stole the generator out of our trailer.....
fortunately they ran a stop sign like 5 mins later and the cop that pulled them over noticed gas dripping out of their trunk and it turned out to be our generator so we got it back but still such a pain in the ass.

wonder what it would cost to replace it with bullet proof glass? might serve dual purpose with thieves and how many broken hard top windows have we seen in Eddies videos haha

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
People are selfish and stupid. My TJ got broken into years ago when I had it. The worst part was they sliced open the side window on the soft top to get in. THERE'S A FREAKING ZIPPER, RIGHT THERE! In your case, it probably is best to just replace the window. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Kalums

Plexiglas Any cheaper? Definitely harder to break... Then if you get a wild hair you could drill and mount whatever you want later.

Ps Sorry about the dickless jack wagon that broke in... Always sucks having your vehicle messed with /up

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
People are assholes. I never lock mine. I don't leave valuables in it. I have an under seat lock box for anything that's left in it while I'm away.

jkLogan

I guess some people don't get the whole keep your hands to yourselves rule. Sorry to about that man.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
people really do suck! im sorry about your jeep man! i feel for you as i just had parts stolen off mine just over a month ago. what part of So Cal?

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
That really sucks dude... sorry to hear. Especially with a hard top, that is supposed to be "more secure" than a soft top. Hopefully you get it fixed up soon, and those thieves get hit by a bus.

jkris

That really sucks. I had a friend who recently had his warn rear bumper stolen off his TJ. He found it two days ago while driving down the road. He pulled the kid over and made him take the bumper off right then and there. Thieves are everywhere nowadays and hopefully whoever did this will get their deserved bad karma.

GraniteCrystal

That really sucks. I had a friend who recently had his warn rear bumper stolen off his TJ. He found it two days ago while driving down the road. He pulled the kid over and made him take the bumper off right then and there. Thieves are everywhere nowadays and hopefully whoever did this will get their deserved bad karma.

Nice! Man that'd be awkward. I probably would've called the cops rather than handle myself.

jkris

Nice! Man that'd be awkward. I probably would've called the cops rather than handle myself.

Oh he already did when it was stolen. Then called the cops again when he found it. Took pictures of the kids license plates, the kids drivers license and then the kid himself. Apparently the detective handling his case was not in until Monday. I'm sure the guy who stole it is already talking to the police by now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man, this really sucks and yes, people suck too! It's shit like this that got me to leave California.

Top Bottom