Can I use stock steering stabilizer on a Dynatrac PR60?

The Cock Father

I know I'll need a different size tie rod clamp, but can I use the stock SS?

I'm not ready to upgrade to hydro, so I'm hoping I can use stock SS for a while...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So long as you have your steering dialed, you shouldn't really need a steering stabilizer. That being said, yeah, I can't see why you couldn't run one so long as you have a clamp on the tie-rod that you can attach it to. Of course, if you're running a PR60, I would imagine that you're also running 37" tires or bigger and that can be tough without a ram assist.

rockwell

So long as you have your steering dialed, you shouldn't really need a steering stabilizer. That being said, yeah, I can't see why you couldn't run one so long as you have a clamp on the tie-rod that you can attach it to. Of course, if you're running a PR60, I would imagine that you're also running 37" tires or bigger and that can be tough without a ram assist.
What's the stroke of the ram needed for this axle?

Deacon

Does anyone else have a follow up to the Original poster of this thread ?
Im close to finishing my install of my axle swap - I feel pretty confident on my garage alignment. Have been using a FOX ATS steering stabilizer for the last 2 years - yeah I know super expensive - but it did work out great and my jeep drove really well - but it will not work on my current axles ( Selling for a good deal if any one needs one ;) )

So for others , that installed the Dyna 60's , that didn't immediately go to a hydro assisted steering - what did you guys do ?
I purchased the PSC 1.25" tie rod clamp thinking I could use it with my stock steering stabilizer but its a "no go" as the bolt on the clamp is too large to fit the hole of the stock stabilizer.

Suggestions ? Dont need one ?

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Does anyone else have a follow up to the Original poster of this thread ?
Im close to finishing my install of my axle swap - I feel pretty confident on my garage alignment. Have been using a FOX ATS steering stabilizer for the last 2 years - yeah I know super expensive - but it did work out great and my jeep drove really well - but it will not work on my current axles ( Selling for a good deal if any one needs one ;) )

So for others , that installed the Dyna 60's , that didn't immediately go to a hydro assisted steering - what did you guys do ?
I purchased the PSC 1.25" tie rod clamp thinking I could use it with my stock steering stabilizer but its a "no go" as the bolt on the clamp is too large to fit the hole of the stock stabilizer.

Suggestions ? Dont need one ?

Mine drives excellent without one after installing the ProRocks. Am going to hydro because I am running 40s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom