There are still good people in the world.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
So UPS dropped off a package earlier today - an external speaker for my CB. I heard him pull up and stop like I normally do when they come by....however, I thought it was odd that he knocked after he already rang the door bell. I never open the door when they ring because my dogs are already going crazy once the door bell is rang. So since he knocked, I actually decided to go open the door. He had my package that I was expecting and my wallet sitting on top of it which I wasn't expecting. He said it was on the ground next to my Jeep. It must have fallen out of my pocket last night when I got home from working out. I was in complete shock and thanked him as he scurried away back to his truck. I was literally in shock for the next 20-30 minutes. Now on top of the typical personal items such as a drivers license, credit card, and debit card... I happened to have two signed checks from my wife that I was going to deposit yesterday but ran out of time. They totaled over $400.

There still are good people in this world. I'm pretty pessimistic when it comes to society in general, today restored a bit of faith for me.

I did put a call into UPS which got relayed down to the local hub's manager. I explained what happened, he said he'd make sure that the driver would be recognized on Monday morning amongst his peers. He also said they never get compliments, only complaints so he was initially confused at what he was reading in the message that got passed down to him.

I'm debating about getting the driver something for the next time he comes by, any suggestions? Beer? Starbucks gift card? I don't know.

Skid_Kid

That is awesome! I would go with Starbucks card or a gift certificate to a local eatery. They are always on the go. My UPS guy is great also. No complaints here.

StrizzyChris

I would like beer, but not everyone else does. My money is on Starbucks or Chipotle :thumb:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKLIFE

Gotta thank the Boys in Brown! My UPS guys is a good dude as well. Every time I get something delivered (most of the time its for the jeep) he's complimenting my Jeep! Good guys!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That is cool! I would also say a gift card as I don't think it would be appropriate for him to have beer in his truck. lol

RamP

Yeah +1 for the gift card. Especially if he's your regular driver. Don't forget to get his name too. He knows yours. :yup:

jkmadness

So UPS dropped off a package earlier today - an external speaker for my CB. I heard him pull up and stop like I normally do when they come by....however, I thought it was odd that he knocked after he already rang the door bell. I never open the door when they ring because my dogs are already going crazy once the door bell is rang. So since he knocked, I actually decided to go open the door. He had my package that I was expecting and my wallet sitting on top of it which I wasn't expecting. He said it was on the ground next to my Jeep. It must have fallen out of my pocket last night when I got home from working out. I was in complete shock and thanked him as he scurried away back to his truck. I was literally in shock for the next 20-30 minutes. Now on top of the typical personal items such as a drivers license, credit card, and debit card... I happened to have two signed checks from my wife that I was going to deposit yesterday but ran out of time. They totaled over $400.

There still are good people in this world. I'm pretty pessimistic when it comes to society in general, today restored a bit of faith for me.

I did put a call into UPS which got relayed down to the local hub's manager. I explained what happened, he said he'd make sure that the driver would be recognized on Monday morning amongst his peers. He also said they never get compliments, only complaints so he was initially confused at what he was reading in the message that got passed down to him.

I'm debating about getting the driver something for the next time he comes by, any suggestions? Beer? Starbucks gift card? I don't know.

If I was you I would give him 50 bucks cash...think about how screwed you would have been if the wallet is gone,needless to say the time and aggravation of calling everyone (credit cards and what not if you can still remember the numbers).
My 2cents
PS: Im a Fedex Express driver with 25 years of service.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Cool story. I'd throw him some cash or a gift card. But I also tip my garbage man twice a year too.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I forgot to mention a detail in my post, my Jeep was parked on the street, so the wallet was laying in the middle of the street. :doh:

Gift card is nice but a letter to UPS would recognize officially his integrity.

I called in and left a message through customer service department, they wouldn't route me to the local hub. I tried. However, about 3 minutes after I filled out the form with the national customer service rep, the local hub's manager called me. He is the one that told me he would be officially recognized on Monday.

Cool story. I'd throw him some cash or a gift card. But I also tip my garbage man twice a year too.

Do you 'tip' your garbage man with the 'service' you suggested in your text about an hour ago?

That is cool! I would also say a gift card as I don't think it would be appropriate for him to have beer in his truck. lol

Didn't think of that, good call, I will forgo the beer. He could be a brown liquor guy too. :cool:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Do you 'tip' your garbage man with the 'service' you suggested in your text about an hour ago?

LOL! No. And what makes you think that suggestion was for you? ;)

Usually I give them $40. Figure very few people recognize them generally. They now bring my can up to the house too. 👍

Jersey_Devil

Awesome! Brown Santa is the best! Give him a visa gift card so if he likes Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks or Wawa he can go to any of them....

arashi

It's so cool what he did. But another thing I found is that we do not take time to show our recognition, like you did. I've got the same reaction when I sent a written letter for my appreciation on my jeep salesman, the manger told me the thing: we never get those. Peaple are more prompt to complain than to recognise the good attitude of others, witch in my oppignion is part of the problem of not having more peaple doing good actions. Gratz for you, for telling him you appreciated his action it might encourage him to do it again...

Top Bottom