Dana 30 and 37's

RichW

Anyone running a jk with the 30 up front and 37's. I'm looking at keeping mine for awhile and added an arb and chromoly axles and was wondering if anyone has experience with this set-up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

deadguy

35s and open diff is a safe max if you actually take it offroad imo. 37s locked, good luck

Sent from a guy with a jeep

Hot94Z28

Wait you want to lock a dirty 30 with chromoly axles, and run 37's. Why on earth spend all that money and not look at doing a D44? That's like getting a BJ from a really fat chick, might be enjoyable at the moment but once your load blows you still have to look at a hot mess.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RichW

My bad, it should have said adding not added, and yes I'm also looking putting a g2 core 44 assembly up front. But the cost is more than double to do that. That's why I'm asking

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
My bad, it should have said adding not added, and yes I'm also looking putting a g2 core 44 assembly up front. But the cost is more than double to do that. That's why I'm asking

You plan on wheeling it at all? If so I don't recommend it. But if you like the look and will be pounding pavement (which is all good, no judgement, I like shit that looks cool too) then put those 37's on there and skip the ARB.

jkrichard

It might be double now but add 2 ring and pinion replacements and 2 master overhaul kits.

It's not worth the expense now and the expense later too. Don't dump money on that 30 if 37's are going on it. Especially because you Will get no (decent) return on those parts. Run it open for now if you must do it. I wouldn't wheel it though until that new axle comes in.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wait you want to lock a dirty 30 with chromoly axles, and run 37's. Why on earth spend all that money and not look at doing a D44? That's like getting a BJ from a really fat chick, might be enjoyable at the moment but once your load blows you still have to look at a hot mess.

[emoji23] that is some of the funniest shit I've heard in a while but only because it paints such a perfect analogy!

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Not everyone has an endless supply of money

Ok - We all get that! You might not want to hear this, but maybe 37's aren't in your wheelhouse right now? Tires are just part of the equation. I can only guess that you have 3.73 gears at best? What about gussets? A locked D30 with 3.73 or 3.21, and no gussets sounds like a disaster and a waste of money or a great (expensive) way to expedite that new axel.

jeepr13

I agree everyone is not made of money, but like others said if you don't have the money wait and do it right (at least if you are going to wheel it). A locked dana 30 with 37s is recipe for disaster. Why add upgraded axle shafts and an arb locker if you are going to trash those expensive parts? A cheap part is only cheap at first, once it breaks you end up paying for the expensive part you should have gotten in the first place and you ahve already paid for the cheap part as well. I get that this is not the advice you hoped for, but its the truth a dana 30 with 37s when wheeled will break. The guys here may be blunt, but they tend to give awesome advice. Many will get mad because they want to do what they want to do, but the ones that listen to the advice on this forum will rarely get steered wrong. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-T350 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

Not everyone has an endless supply of money

Im running 35's on a open dirty 30. These dudes just trying to keep you from prematurely detonating your front axle. Trust me Im a building on a very tight budget and want to do things once. I cant afford oops. Just use the advise with the pros and cons and rock on with your decision. Bottom line is its your rig and your $. The group is just trying to save you headaches later.

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Top Bottom