A question about the Dana 30 and the EVO bolt on coilovers.

ssh6314

So next year. I planned on next year. Around this time lifting my 2dr x. I don't want to lift it twice. So I've left it at stock height. I plan on getting the EVO bolt on coil over kit. The same one running on Rubicat, and having Northridge 4x4 do the install at the same time as I go to 4.88 and new driveshafts, 35's. My question is, is this Dana 30 going to be my downfall. Is it going to be able to handle a lift like this. And the wheeling capability a lift like this is going to allow me to partake in. I know no matter what I do, no matter what I weld onto it or replace. It's still a Dana 30 riding under there. ( a guesstimate is a perfect awnser. I no know one can give a for sure on what's gonna break a diff) But will it survive a year of wheeling before it can go to a pr44?. I don't do the kind of rock crawling Eddie and co. Do. More weekend wheeling than anything.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
It's not the lift its the tire size. The 30 will be ok if you are careful.

Chris on this topic I plan on getting my coilovers before I upgrade to a 44 front will I be able to swap the coilover hardware onto the new axle or should I look at upgrading the axle before the suspension?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Chris on this topic I plan on getting my coilovers before I upgrade to a 44 front will I be able to swap the coilover hardware onto the new axle or should I look at upgrading the axle before the suspension?

It's all the same. It will swap over easy

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What Chris said. I would hold off on the regear for the D30 and wait until you upgrade the axle. Being that you are only going to 35's it won't be horrible with stock gears (unless you have 3.21's). A PR44 is around $2500 so it's not a ton more. I would wait and get that personally.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
What Chris said. I would hold off on the regear for the D30 and wait until you upgrade the axle. Being that you are only going to 35's it won't be horrible with stock gears (unless you have 3.21's). A PR44 is around $2500 so it's not a ton more. I would wait and get that personally.

I second this. First off the EVO bolt on coilovers are THE way to go. ChrisB is running them as well and they ride like a dream. My vote is do the lift, run your stock gears until you upgrade your axle then you can choose the gearing in your PR44 and buy matching gears and or a locker for the rear.

Btw sorry for the HiJack buddy.

ssh6314

Perfectly ok. Your question about rebolting them to the pr44 was also a concern of mine. The unfortunate down side of this is I have the 3.21's -.-. I do have the 6 speed. But even with that. It's gonna drive like a turtle, and wheel like a slug if I don't change them. I heard Northridge finances. And If they do. I might skip the regear and go straight to the pr44. Though ill have to find that out on monday when I go up there. I live 45 min away from Northridge4x4 and have never been there...yet. :banghead: stupid I know.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Perfectly ok. Your question about rebolting them to the pr44 was also a concern of mine. The unfortunate down side of this is I have the 3.21's -.-. I do have the 6 speed. But even with that. It's gonna drive like a turtle, and wheel like a slug if I don't change them. I heard Northridge finances. And If they do. I might skip the regear and go straight to the pr44. Though ill have to find that out on monday when I go up there. I live 45 min away from Northridge4x4 and have never been there...yet. :banghead: stupid I know.

That's awesome! If you can swing it a PR44 would def be the way to go. I hope it all works out. Look forward to hearing how it turns out.

ssh6314

I love financing stuff. Then make the minimum payment, let them get there interest, then drop big money at the principal. I've already cut 6 months off my JK's 6 year loan doing this. And I've had it since Nov, made 3 payments so far. ;) My GTI's 6 year loan will be paid off in 3 years doing the same thing.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
. Being that you are only going to 35's it won't be horrible with stock gears (unless you have 3.21's).

3:21's aren't too bad I have them and 35s and it gets up and goes and wheels pretty good. It does get sluggish at times but it holds up. 👍

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom