PDA

View Full Version : A/C converted to on board air

mtnbiker995
02-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Is there a write up anywhere on here or anywhere someone knows of that outlines the steps to convert the factory a/c compressor on a Jk to on board air? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK
02-02-2013, 03:28 PM
I've never even heard of someone doing that. If you could cool and take pictures and post them up. Or if you don't want AC sell me the compressor. ;)

mtnbiker995
02-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I hadn't either until my buddy mentioned it last night so I googled it...apparently off the compressor with no aux air tank it has enough juice to run an impact wrench and other tools.

I wouldn't be doing the conversion till spring time but I'll be sure to take pictures as I go!

JAGS
02-02-2013, 04:14 PM
I'm guessing you loose your A/C in the process? Summers might be a bitch.

NAUJK
02-02-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm guessing you loose your A/C in the process? Summers might be a bitch.

Hes in Michigan doubt hell complain that much ahaha

mtnbiker995
02-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Haha I punched a stick through my condenser offroad and don't feel like buying a new one...I will miss it but I feel like I'll enjoy OBA more than AC haha

gtony12
02-02-2013, 04:52 PM
I have seen a write up online before I was looking to see how to install my quick air 2 on board and that write came it wasn't from jk_ site try to Google it I know it is there. I will see if I can find the Site too when I get off work this evening.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app