Re-balance driveshaft after new u-joints?

Jeepfan30

I replaced all the u-joints and centering ball yoke in my front JE Reel 1310 driveshaft last week. Should I get it re-balanced? I remember reading that if it's not put back together the same way it came apart it my be out of balance. Thanks,

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno, I suppose it's possible but if it were me, I'd just reinstall it and see. If it really needs a balance, you'll know it and it's not that hard to pull back off. If not, you just saved yourself some money.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

WJCO

Meme King
You can balance it yourself too. That's the old way of doing it. Tons of videos on youtube I would assume. You just need a silver marker and a hose clamp. And you can do it with it already installed and don't have to take it out again.

WJCO

Meme King
Great, thank you guys. What is the going rate typically?

I just got a DC 1310 shaft shortened, fully rebuilt with spicer joints (3 ujoints and centering ball), and rebalanced for 260ish locally. So I would imagine just a rebalance is 50-100 bucks.

jeeeep

Hooked
I replaced all the u-joints and centering ball yoke in my front JE Reel 1310 driveshaft last week. Should I get it re-balanced? I remember reading that if it's not put back together the same way it came apart it my be out of balance. Thanks,

they're referring to the 2 halves of the DS, if you pulled them apart most have a balance witness mark on them if you didn't mark it.

call JE Reel, they should be able to help you out with the procedure to put the halves back together in the correct orientation.

I'm going off of what I learned when I bought my Coast DS

Jeepfan30

they're referring to the 2 halves of the DS, if you pulled them apart most have a balance witness mark on them if you didn't mark it.

call JE Reel, they should be able to help you out with the procedure to put the halves back together in the correct orientation.

I'm going off of what I learned when I bought my Coast DS
I didn't separate it at the splines, so maybe it's all good. Thanks

Top Bottom