Jeep jk diésel

franmx

I've seen so many preparations in which changes the original engine for diésel.

I wondered if I would be allowed to drive in the U.S. with a European diésel JK, or would not be allowed to drive in the country with tris car.

Regards

NAUJK

I dont think youd be able to get it past the Feds to even bring it in... otherwise we would have our own diesels in this country...

MTG

Caught the Bug
I dont think youd be able to get it past the Feds to even bring it in... otherwise we would have our own diesels in this country...

I suspect there is a difference between a manufacturer selling one and a private individual bringing one in for personal use.

mtnbiker995

If it can be brought in the country I know where I'm gonna buy my next jeep...I'd kill for a diesel wrangler

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NAUJK

I suspect there is a difference between a manufacturer selling one and a private individual bringing one in for personal use.

As long as it passes the Feds standards it can be brought in by either a manufacturer or an individual but it still has to pass their checks. If it was easy and possible for that matter we would see more of the European diesels in this country such as VW Polos or Lupos or Sciroccos that people buy and bring over. The rule of thumb tends to be if we dont have it here, the feds wont let it in either way. It has to pass their inspections and things like that. There maybe some loop hole in there somewhere but we sure havent found it yet. Cuz my family would kill to be driving a diesel Polo.

franmx

I said it because it may be easier to drive a diesel European Jeep already has the approval of the Jeep brand to use this diesel engine without making changes in this car

reiverrob

Just to let you know, if you can get your hands on european diesel JK you are in for a treat. For a start your avg mpg will be 32 to the gallon (4.56ltr) (imp Gall, I think, are different to US Gall) I have seen 41mpg on mine but only once, 36mpg a few times. We have a caravan (trailer) that weighs 1.2 metric tonnes when towing this the economy falls to 24mpg but thats because I like to race Landrovers away from junctions, I shouldn't I know but it's fun to let them half wheel me then leave them standing with the caravan on the back.

At this point I should confess, standard output 175bhp at 2100rpm, I have a chip on mine and it puts out 215bhp at 1800rpm max rpm 4500 waste of time hanging on after 2600 the torque curve is so flat your just wasting fuel, mine is a six speed manual but fifth is a universal gear you can use it from 18mph to 85mph! this is the jeep we've all been waiting for, here in the UK JK owners are few and far between but the JK is catching on and it's won "Hardcore 4x4" for the second year in succession twice beating the very good but agricultural Landrover Defender.

The engine is an Italian made (was Mercedes in the early models) 2.8ltr 4 cyl common rail diesel with turbo and intercooler, noisy when cold, peachy when upto temp other than that everything else will be as your specs.

Jersey_Devil

Just to let you know, if you can get your hands on european diesel JK you are in for a treat. For a start your avg mpg will be 32 to the gallon (4.56ltr) (imp Gall, I think, are different to US Gall) I have seen 41mpg on mine but only once, 36mpg a few times. We have a caravan (trailer) that weighs 1.2 metric tonnes when towing this the economy falls to 24mpg but thats because I like to race Landrovers away from junctions, I shouldn't I know but it's fun to let them half wheel me then leave them standing with the caravan on the back.

At this point I should confess, standard output 175bhp at 2100rpm, I have a chip on mine and it puts out 215bhp at 1800rpm max rpm 4500 waste of time hanging on after 2600 the torque curve is so flat your just wasting fuel, mine is a six speed manual but fifth is a universal gear you can use it from 18mph to 85mph! this is the jeep we've all been waiting for, here in the UK JK owners are few and far between but the JK is catching on and it's won "Hardcore 4x4" for the second year in succession twice beating the very good but agricultural Landrover Defender.

The engine is an Italian made (was Mercedes in the early models) 2.8ltr 4 cyl common rail diesel with turbo and intercooler, noisy when cold, peachy when upto temp other than that everything else will be as your specs.

I would LOVE if they had the diesel jk here!

kb3ejw

the European diesels will not pass US emissions.they need to be older vehicles.i know a bunch of Land Rover guys who want diesel D2's and can't do it.
u will need to go with the motors already already in use in the states.they already pass the emissions here.
this months JP magazine has and article on this topic...
the other issue is getting the ecu to read and understand the info coming from the engine to run properly.

Top Bottom