Body mount tips for fastening

Chris1015

Hey everyone,

Just started to begin to install some armor. Starting off with sliders first.

Has anyone had to battle their body mounts? They're the 18mm bolts underneath the sides of the Jeep. I've seen the apply downward pressure advice for removal, but for tightening...I have a better shot at cracking the white house data base I think.

Removal tips are welcome as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chris1015

Hey everyone,

Just started to begin to install some armor. Starting off with sliders first.

Has anyone had to battle their body mounts? They're the 18mm bolts underneath the sides of the Jeep. It continues to spin for removal and fasten. I've seen the apply downward pressure advice for removal, but for tightening...I have a better shot at cracking the white house data base I think.

Removal tips are welcome as well.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
When I had to remove mine I had to apply a lot of downwards force with one hand above the washer while turning the bolt. Major pita but eventually they came out.
I don't recall them fighting back on the way in though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

gheller

As noted downward force when removing. When I installed my sliders I had an issue with the drivers side rear going back in.
Started by hand and then used the slider to pull downward force as I used ratchet to tighten. It worked.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom