Flashing check engine light...

Carramrod

Yes I know it means a miss fire but I'm not throwing any codes....from the research I've done I already ordered 2 new camshaft position sensor. I have changed all the spark plugs and coil packs aswell. Gonna inspect the injectors soon...its a 14 rubicon so idk why it's happening so soon

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
If the check engine light is flashing it's got codes. Probably misfires detected. But hopefully you can get some direction. Do you have a scanner?

WJCO

Meme King
A flashing light means that the issue is risking damaging the catalytic converter due to excessive unburned fuel entering the exhaust. You shouldn't be driving it. And there should be codes.

Carramrod

Yeah I have a scanner...it showed the p0300 which is the misfire but it doesn't pinpoint which cylinder..my scanner is basic so I'm gonna go get a legit one here soon to trouble shoot it...ive seen a lot of these issues fixed with the crank and camshaft sensors replaced...im gonna try that since it's a cheap repair

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Yeah I have a scanner...it showed the p0300 which is the misfire but it doesn't pinpoint which cylinder..my scanner is basic so I'm gonna go get a legit one here soon to trouble shoot it...ive seen a lot of these issues fixed with the crank and camshaft sensors replaced...im gonna try that since it's a cheap repair

Did you try getting codes from the dash without your reader? I believe that P0300 means miss fire on multiple cylinders.

PHX JK

P0300

P0300 is also set before the ECM establishes which cylinder is misfiring. Once the Miss is more consistant then ECM can determine the cylinder with P0301to P0306.
Flashing Eng light is bad news, yes it's hard on the Cat to drive with a flashing light.
PHX

Top Bottom