Back up lights not working

OffRoadFreak

I have a 2013 Ruby. Factory tail lights. My brake lights work, my park lights work. However my back up lights dont work.have no power at light plug. Bought new bulbs just because... manual transmission. Can any one help me :thinking:

WJCO

Meme King
Check fuses. Then check if the reverse light switch has an open circuit. Not sure where it's located. Sometimes it's in the console, sometimes it's in the side of the trans. Those are the first 2 steps I would take.

OffRoadFreak

Well...I'm starting to believe that its the reverse light switch. Having a hard time locating it. I think its on top of the transmission. But read in some threads that some are located inside. Doesn't make sense to me...could it be possible? If any one out there has info or a solution for me that would be greatly appreciated! 😊 thnx in advance!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

Screenshot_20170331-185236.png Screenshot_20170331-185347.png
This is for my 07 but it only shows 1/2 labor to replace. So no way its internal. I see you have a 13 though. I cant find an actual locater though. Hopefully they didnt get stupid. Good luck

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

TRLJNKY

20170331_190549.jpg

Found where it says on transmission. Hopefully the same for the newer trans

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

WJCO

Meme King
I've never seen one that's internal but have seen some that go in the side of the trans.

OffRoadFreak

Finally found it and fixed it... had brought it to a mechanic to get release bearing changed out. To get to the point... the connection was not on properly... simple fix...greatly appreciate the help 😊👍

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom