Light bar install

gringo787

What's up guys. I recently purchased a light bar for my 08 Jk. The issue I'm having is with the bolts on the Jeep. I'm trying to get the out but they keep turning. Any suggestions on removing them. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bear996

What's up guys. I recently purchased a light bar for my 08 Jk. The issue I'm having is with the bolts on the Jeep. I'm trying to get the out but they keep turning. Any suggestions on removing them. Thanks.

If they're freely spinning try a prybar WHILE turning just to apply pressure for it to catch and come out. Pliers would also work if you can get them on the head of the bolt. What bolts are you removing? Is there a nut on the back end you're not clamping down?

Frydaddy

They are the front ones by the windshield.

I dont know about the front ones, but the side ones use nut strips. Literally a strip of metal with the nuts welded to them. So if a bolt is jammed in the hole, the nut strip will yield and bend out of the way, then you gotta pry the bolt while unscrewing it out. and after all that, now the nut is bent out of position, spinning you into another world of profanities!

Happened to me, must be the same thing for you.

Top Bottom