Jeep Jk Drag Link Turn Buckle Question

Keithyellowjk

Hi everyone. My 2008 Jeep JkU had a little wobble the other day when I hit a series of bumps in the road. I checked everything and it all seemed good except IMG_4940.jpg that my drag link had quite a bit of up and down play. I am going to replace the end that attaches at the Pittman tomorrow. But when I was inspecting everything I noticed my drag link turn knuckle looked different. I have a Rubicon Express flipped drag link. I had a local shop adjust my steering wheel when I had it aligned and I don't remember it looking this way before but I might not have noticed because there was no play in it. My picture shows the drag link and tie rod end with a huge gap between them inside the knuckle. Is this normal? Should it be this far apart?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Looks normal to me. Make sure when you reinstall it that the clamp openings line up with the seam on the sleeve again just like it is in the picture.

Frydaddy

And make sure the steering wheel tracks straight after the tie rod. The traction control will freak out if the steering wheel isn't strait.

Top Bottom