Silly Newbie Question

gheller

I've got Willys Wheeler JKU WITH 33's and a 2" budget boost. If I'm going to head out to some trails, easy to moderate, what would be the mod I need most. I'm thinking some sway bar quick disconnects at the least. If so, what do you recommend? (Ive got a manual with 3:73 gears)

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I've got Willys Wheeler JKU WITH 33's and a 2" budget boost. If I'm going to head out to some trails, easy to moderate, what would be the mod I need most. I'm thinking some sway bar quick disconnects at the least. If so, what do you recommend? (Ive got a manual with 3:73 gears)

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

Swaybar quick discos are good. Also an oil pan skid is recommended as well. Otherwise if your out with people they should have a winch a tow straps incase you or someone else gets hung up. Most importantly just go and have fun

WJCO

Meme King
Swaybar quick discos are good. Also an oil pan skid is recommended as well. Otherwise if your out with people they should have a winch a tow straps incase you or someone else gets hung up. Most importantly just go and have fun

Well said. Ditto on skids and recovery gear.

gheller

Thanks, man. I figured a winch is not a necessity since I would be going with a group but I do plan on getting one soon, a Warn. I already have the Trail Rated Recovery kit which includes a Warn tow strap, shackles and gloves.

Concerning Sway bar discos, what's recommended?
I've seen the JKS mentions a lot.

What about oil pan skid?

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks, man. I figured a winch is not a necessity since I would be going with a group but I do plan on getting one soon, a Warn. I already have the Trail Rated Recovery kit which includes a Warn tow strap, shackles and gloves.

Concerning Sway bar discos, what's recommended?
I've seen the JKS mentions a lot.

What about oil pan skid?

Jks quick discos are prob the best. If you plan on lifting higher in the future just got the 2.5-6" lift ones.

For oil pan I like the evo and rancho skid. I ran the rancho one for years and only got rid of it for the evo cause I installed there whole protek system

gheller

Jks quick discos are prob the best. If you plan on lifting higher in the future just got the 2.5-6" lift ones.

For oil pan I like the evo and rancho skid. I ran the rancho one for years and only got rid of it for the evo cause I installed there whole protek system

Thanks, good info. Being that Rancho is a supporting vendor I'll look at those first.

Top Bottom