Light grinding noise in transmission

tanmanjk

Question for the jk crew. Lately I've been noticing a light grinding noise coming from my transmission. I notice it with the radio off and the transmission in neutral. Only 26k on the clock and just curious if it could be legitimate transmission issues? Just wondering if any insight is available. Thank you in advance.

WJCO

Meme King
Manual I assume? Can you get a video of the noise and post it? When you touch the clutch pedal does it change?

tanmanjk

OK well I tried to upload was too long. I cropped the video and now says wrong mime type. I don't know

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

USMC Wrangler

OK well I tried to upload was too long. I cropped the video and now says wrong mime type. I don't know

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You can post YouTube or Vimeo videos here. They just can't link to your channel home page.

Edit: Last I checked, videos can't be directly uploaded here.
Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Only does it in neutral?!? Sounds like an exhaust leak. Doesn't make that noise in any gears?

gheller

Hard to tell from that video, sounded like some exhaust to me too.
Does it change sound at all if you rev the engine?

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

Exactly what happened to mine! Could not figure out what or where it was coming from. My starter gave out a few weeks later. Changed the starter out and expected the noise to be present.....it wasn't. Fucking weird ass jeep but the noise was coming from my starter.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using WAYALIFE mobile app

rl206

Sounds like same deal I am having w/ mine. It definitely coming from my trans or motor as I feel a slight vibration in the shifter. I need to give i a thorough look after shift on Tuesday. I read somewhere that the manuals coming slightly starved of fluid... Any one else read /hear that?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

david217

Sounds like same deal I am having w/ mine. It definitely coming from my trans or motor as I feel a slight vibration in the shifter. I need to give i a thorough look after shift on Tuesday. I read somewhere that the manuals coming slightly starved of fluid... Any one else read /hear that?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My 2015 jku came low on fluid. Didn't have any noise with it.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

WJCO

Meme King
I would check the fluid for metal. If there is metal, then likely something is going on inside. Are you still under warranty?

Top Bottom