New Guy checking in with a question.

rmilobrown

Hey Guys, I just got a 2015 JKUR with 25k miles. After reading the differential service write up, I pulled the covers and cleaned out with break cleaner. I decided to use RP 75/140 on both front and rear. My question is the fluid drained from the rear looked like it had air in it, or carbonated, the front was clear. I had a friend take a look, he also agreed it wasn't water. I drove and wheeled it a couple hundred more then rechecked my levels. The rear still looks cloudy compared to the front. Can someone please school me with this? THANKS!
Rob Brown, Williams, AZ

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
Welcome to Wayalife!

Usually the rear degrades faster as it is under load all the time while the front is under load only in 4wd

rmilobrown

OK, so maybe I was in denial about water contamination. I have cleared my breather tube, drained and refilled the diff. We are headed to Laughlin for some wheeling in the surrounding area this week!!! I will check it again when we get back.

Andy5160

Hooked
i changed mine at 46k miles rear was much darker then the front. There were no signs of water although axles were fully submerged under water many times.
So i think you fine.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hey Guys, I just got a 2015 JKUR with 25k miles. After reading the differential service write up, I pulled the covers and cleaned out with break cleaner. I decided to use RP 75/140 on both front and rear. My question is the fluid drained from the rear looked like it had air in it, or carbonated, the front was clear. I had a friend take a look, he also agreed it wasn't water. I drove and wheeled it a couple hundred more then rechecked my levels. The rear still looks cloudy compared to the front. Can someone please school me with this? THANKS!
Rob Brown, Williams, AZ

You think maybe it may take more than one oil change to get it to clear up?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom