Powder coat issues

Chris1015

I took my JCR armor to get powdered. I have some issues. So this piece is supposed to slide into the left side in a slot that helps support the passenger side of the bumper.

To my observation, the powder coat is over threading on the bolt. Doing me no good.

Could a file fix this issue? I am not incredibly savvy, so I would rather throw caution and seek input before hacking away. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Here's some pics:
20170401_213936.jpg 20170401_235904.jpg 20170401_235922.jpg 20170401_235931.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chris1015

TLDR: slider no longer fits in the slot it's supposed to, due to what appears to powder coat on the threading. As you can see, I attempted to "jammer" in.

SWRUBI

I took my JCR armor to get powdered. I have some issues. So this piece is supposed to slide into the left side in a slot that helps support the passenger side of the bumper.

To my observation, the powder coat is over threading on the bolt. Doing me no good.

Could a file fix this issue? I am not incredibly savvy, so I would rather throw caution and seek input before hacking away. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Here's some pics:
View attachment 251399 View attachment 251400 View attachment 251401 View attachment 251402

Be sure to take the part with you so they can be sure you get the right size and threads per inch tap.

jeeeep

Hooked
Be sure to take the part with you so they can be sure you get the right size and threads per inch tap.

take the bolt that fits in that bracket to get the correct tap.

They can measure the bolt easier than a bracket that's powder coated :thumb:

jeeeep

Hooked
TLDR: slider no longer fits in the slot it's supposed to, due to what appears to powder coat on the threading. As you can see, I attempted to "jammer" in.

just take a file or grinder and take off the powder coat until it fits, if you get to raw metal just spray it with rustolem to keep it from rusting.

Top Bottom