Winch line Freeze?

WJCO

Meme King
If the winch isn't recessed, the line would freeze together with the crap that cakes on the front, and it does get very rigid and hard to move when it's frozen together, however a near perfect solution is a neoprene cover. My line is running fine after covering the Zeon-S for two winters so far. There's a Zeon under the cover here:

DSC02550.jpg

DSC02552.jpg

As far as using the line in the snow, it works fine, I pulled my cover off my winch the night before this run:

IMG_0342.jpg

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
If the winch isn't recessed, the line would freeze together with the crap that cakes on the front, and it does get very rigid and hard to move when it's frozen together, however a near perfect solution is a neoprene cover. My line is running fine after covering the Zeon-S for two winters so far. There's a Zeon under the cover here:

View attachment 251594

View attachment 251595

As far as using the line in the snow, it works fine, I pulled my cover off my winch the night before this run:

View attachment 251596

Awesome to know! Thanks for the feedback. My biggest situational concern would be that I end up winch in the middle of blizzards and winter storms so my line will get wet and have snow on it when I run it back in and then freeze. I like the cover idea though for the other 99% of the time!

Build Thread - "Jenny"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?41740-The-build-of-Jenny&highlight=build jenny

WJCO

Meme King
Those plastic covers look clean, but I've heard they are a major pain in the ass to get on. They didn't get good reviews for installing.

Havoc40

Those plastic covers look clean, but I've heard they are a major pain in the ass to get on. They didn't get good reviews for installing.

I bought one. Definitely wouldn't fit out of the box. After cutting it up to make it even remotely fit, it was still a PITA to deal with and I eventually tossed it. Just run the neoprene cover now.

Top Bottom