EVO Leveling Kit write up?

Wild Hare

Just got my EVO level and was wondering if there is an install write up somewhere. I didn't see anything in a search. Or do I just follow the EVO instructions? I ask because for other smallish lifts, the write ups say to loosen track bar and a couple other things not in the EVO instructions.

Your $0.02?

Thanks

Napalm

Follow the EVO instructions and it's pretty straight forward. I've installed two of these kits using just the directions each time and it worked Great.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BigBoy

I didn't loosen the track bar but did use a spring compressor on the front springs. Getting the longer springs in was the hardest part. I removed as little as possible and that could have increased the difficulty, but was. It too bad. Watch your break lines and you should be good to go along with the instructions without issue.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Word of advice. I would suggest you loosen up the track bar with all the control arm bolts. That way, its easier to get the axle lower, and when you tighten everything up. All the joints wont be in a bind after the new height.
Also, watch all your break/abs lines and such.

USMC Wrangler

Word of advice. I would suggest you loosen up the track bar with all the control arm bolts. That way, its easier to get the axle lower, and when you tighten everything up. All the joints wont be in a bind after the new height.
Also, watch all your break/abs lines and such.

Yep, this. ^^^^ It worked out on mine this way.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Wild Hare

The result

IMG_2207.JPG

2.5" in front and 1.5" in back

Got everything loosened just fine but how the #$%^ do you get 125 lbs on the control arms? I was wedged up against tires, walls, and the garage door with everything I had into it but couldn't get there. Didn't see room to put a extender pipe on the torque wrench for leverage.

J

JKDream

View attachment 253764

Got everything loosened just fine but how the #$%^ do you get 125 lbs on the control arms? I was wedged up against tires, walls, and the garage door with everything I had into it but couldn't get there. Didn't see room to put a extender pipe on the torque wrench for leverage.

Impacts with torque settings are a beautiful thing :D

JKbrick

View attachment 253764

Just get under there and push and pull till you hear click.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eezybreezy08

I unbolted the trac bar from the axle. Eddie has a good write up on how to put it back together with ratchet straps from his teraflex bb write up on project jk.com. It's probably on this forum to tell the truth

Top Bottom