Aaaaaaand broken

Mediumsizetony

Long story short I had a remote starter installed from a reputable place. On the way home I realized my steering wheel controls and horn were no longer working, after doing a little research I thought it was my clock spring. I replaced that today but my controls and horn still do not work, also the remote starter has been removed. shop Told me take it to my dealer and they would pay for the repair ,truth be told I don't trust my dealer to fix the problem

Jeep 2017 JKU Sport

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated

Ddays

Hooked
Long story short I had a remote starter installed from a reputable place. On the way home I realized my steering wheel controls and horn were no longer working, after doing a little research I thought it was my clock spring. I replaced that today but my controls and horn still do not work, also the remote starter has been removed. shop Told me take it to my dealer and they would pay for the repair ,truth be told I don't trust my dealer to fix the problem

Jeep 2017 JKU Sport

I have never had a good experience having a non-factory remote installed. In fact my buddy that owns a garage no longer installs them for this reason. If the installing shop is willing to pay for the repair at the dealer give it a shot. The fact that they can't repair it would make me remove the "reputable" adjective from their description.

WJCO

Meme King
Aftermarket remotes suck. But at the same time, I hope your dealer doesn't blame the problem on that without actually diagnosing the issue. Also check fuses first just to be safe. The shop may have inadvertently caused a short without realizing it.

CedarRaider

Hope it gets fixed. I paid a lot for mine to be installed and would be pissed is things were messed up. If you have ever lived in a climate that snows 6-8 months out of the year you would understand.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

anviljk

Jeep 2017 JKU Sport

As someone who does remote start installs. They had to cut or pinch those wires. To get the wires for the immobilizer interface you have to go into the steering column. Remote starts are nice when they are installed right. Hope it gets fixed.

Sent from my SM-N920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mediumsizetony

but why would you want a remote starter?

I'm a fleet mechanic for a large landscape company and during the winter I show up to work all hours during day night. When it's snowing. , once you've been fixing something for a couple hours in zero degree weather. It's nice to get in to a warm jeep to go home (I live in he north east )

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom