Warn winch remote issues

deezus

I have a Zeon 10s with a wireless remote, not the built in kind. The wireless works well but the wired remote that came work it doesn't. How can I tell if I have a bad remote and am I doing g something wrong?? Ty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
So you have the 10s platinum? Instructions say there is a switch on back of winch to turn on wireless operation. Maybe turn it off and then try the wired controller.

IMG_20170403_204347_631.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I would check with Warn then. Not sure why the wireless would work and not the wired.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I have a Badlands winch(yeah I know) and the wireless remote control and it even says Bluetooth or Wireless signal can cause winch to operate without remote! But there again that's a badlands winch...

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: That statement says it all, lol.
Yep pretty much.... When I was Dumb and thought I was getting a good deal. Don't get me wrong it's worked and got me out of plenty of stuff but it hasn't lasted long. When I get to the point of buying a winch for the WJ I'm buying a WARN!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I have a Zeon 10s with a wireless remote, not the built in kind. The wireless works well but the wired remote that came work it doesn't. How can I tell if I have a bad remote and am I doing g something wrong?? Ty

The pin out is the same for every WARN, if you know someone in your area with a WARN you can borrow theirs and see if it is your wired remote that is bad or if its the connector on your electrical box. For any further troubleshooting after that I'd email WARN, they are very helpful when it comes to troubleshooting their winches. :yup:

deezus

The pin out is the same for every WARN, if you know someone in your area with a WARN you can borrow theirs and see if it is your wired remote that is bad or if its the connector on your electrical box. For any further troubleshooting after that I'd email WARN, they are very helpful when it comes to troubleshooting their winches. :yup:
I emailed Warn. I will talk to a friend and see if he can check it for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

deezus

Called Warn, they told me to call a warranty center. Called them after I figured out that one of the female pins in the plug at winch, black wire was mangled up in the plug. He told me it might be covered but probably not and if it wasnt I would have to buy a new electrical box as that wire is part of that and not separate from the j box. Not sure about Warns warranty and I don't want to jump to conclusions but Warn wasn't to helpful. I ended up pulling connector forward in plug and tested plugging remote in and it seems OK. Connector was kinda mangled inside rubber female up at winch. Hopefully it will hold.

WJCO

Meme King
Called Warn, they told me to call a warranty center. Called them after I figured out that one of the female pins in the plug at winch, black wire was mangled up in the plug. He told me it might be covered but probably not and if it wasnt I would have to buy a new electrical box as that wire is part of that and not separate from the j box. Not sure about Warns warranty and I don't want to jump to conclusions but Warn wasn't to helpful. I ended up pulling connector forward in plug and tested plugging remote in and it seems OK. Connector was kinda mangled inside rubber female up at winch. Hopefully it will hold.

So did the part fail on its own or was is damaged when it was plugged in at some point?

deezus

So did the part fail on its own or was is damaged when it was plugged in at some point?
I'm not sure when or how it happened. I was able to re seat pin and open it up. Tested wired remote and it worked. I might just repair it myself as in order to fix pin you have you replace the whole electrical box. Let me be clear, I love this winch and I'm not bashing anyone. I've got a call into Warn and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I bought it last June so maybe they will hook me up and like I say, I could've done it but I don't think so because I'm very careful with stuff, especially $1250 stuff.

[ ATTACH]251786[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 20170404_144716.jpeg
    20170404_144716.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

deezus

Update: Aaron at Warn is sending me out a new power pack as the plug is not replaceable. Im very happy with their winch and customer support, so glad I bought a Warn. [emoji2]

aermotor

Awesome to hear they took care of it! That plug can not really be a user error unless you try and plug a fork into it! I just bought a Zeon 10.

Top Bottom