Engine warranty issues

Great Pumkin

Ok I need some help here. I was driving my jeep back in January in the middle of nowhere on my way to work and a valve stuck open. The temp was -40 and it was about 430am. My jeep started blowing oil and I had no choice but to keep driving to get to a town with services. I stopped in twenty miles and put in 2 qts of oil to help with the oil burning and drove another 40 miles to a dealer. At the dealer they determined it was a faulty head that caused the valve to stick. They replaced the head the valves pcv system and timing chain ect. Which was great no hassle at all. But afterwords I started losing oil like crazy over 2 quarts every 700 miles. Now at my home town dealer they are telling me it is from engine damage due to running on too low of oil and they don't want to warranty my motor but the bad head was the reason it ran out of oil? Not sure what to do next

Jeep

2012 Sahara

WJCO

Meme King
If the warranty is through Chrysler, I would contact them directly. Continued operation or lack of lubrication typically isn't covered, however with the temperatures you were in, you can present it to them as a safety concern as to why you kept driving it. Not sure if they'll help you, but it may be worthwhile to try.

Great Pumkin

Just a little update. Chrysler is going to warranty my entire motor. New long block will be here Monday and hopefully be put together within a week I'm very impressed they covered it and it is good to see them really stand behind their product.

2012 Sahara

Top Bottom