Hitting bump stops changing springs?

Learo2000GT

Good Afternoon:

I currently have a JKUR 2013 with RK 2.5 with all the arms. My jeep has turned into more of an expedition rig and has gotten heavy. When roof rack and family is loaded up I can have some bone breaking hits on the bump stops. So I am thinking the answer is going to the RK 3.5 springs. I won't have to change anything except springs and adjust arms. Would this be best approach. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Good Afternoon:

I currently have a JKUR 2013 with RK 2.5 with all the arms. My jeep has turned into more of an expedition rig and has gotten heavy. When roof rack and family is loaded up I can have some bone breaking hits on the bump stops. So I am thinking the answer is going to the RK 3.5 springs. I won't have to change anything except springs and adjust arms. Would this be best approach. Thanks.

Do you have an aftermarket front driveshaft and high steer kit currently?

Learo2000GT

I don't have drive shaft but I have synergy drag link i can flip. My jeep is heavy even when not loaded up so crossing fingers on drive shaft. Is springs my best answer to the problem.

maxcustody

I changed out my springs to OME the heavy 660 ones I believe. Makes all the difference for all the weight I have in the rear of the jeep.........

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Driveshaft is a good idea at that height. I didn't need a high steer when I had the RE 3.5 but did when I bumped to 4.5. You wouldn't know until the springs are in because of variances between vehicles, so be prepared to buy one in case you need it. Also do your shocks have enough length for compression and extension at the new height? Is it bottoming out in the front and rear? If only in the front and you are otherwise happy with your current lift, you may want to think about hydraulic bump stops like King has. They would cost about as much as springs. The back ones are much more expensive and require welding, so that's not much help if you bottom out on the rear bumps.

EDIT: you posted you have the drag link flip as I was writing this so... nevermind. :)

Last edited:

BaddestCross

Driveshaft is a good idea at that height. I didn't need a high steer when I had the RE 3.5 but did when I bumped to 4.5. You wouldn't know until the springs are in because of variances between vehicles, so be prepared to buy one in case you need it. Also do your shocks have enough length for compression and extension at the new height? Is it bottoming out in the front and rear? If only in the front and you are otherwise happy with your current lift, you may want to think about hydraulic bump stops like King has. They would cost about as much as springs. The back ones are much more expensive and require welding, so that's not much help if you bottom out on the rear bumps.

EDIT: you posted you have the drag link flip as I was writing this so... nevermind. :)
If you can find King's hydraulic bump stops for $200, I've been looking in the wrong place.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Not sure how much an additional 1" lift will do -remember rule of thumb is to extend bump stops same height as the lift your're installing. You'll be taller but still have same problem.

I'm in the same boat as you. Loaded down my ass is dragging and hitting the bumpstops hard. Unloaded no issues whatsoever. I'm considering trying out a pair or Airlift bags for the rear only when we go on trips or when we get our trailer. I don't plan on using them under normal unloaded conditions though. Might be worth looking into. :idontknow:

Learo2000GT

Thanks for the info. It's only in the rear.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Not sure how much an additional 1" lift will do -remember rule of thumb is to extend bump stops same height as the lift your're installing. You'll be taller but still have same problem.

I'm in the same boat as you. Loaded down my ass is dragging and hitting the bumpstops hard. Unloaded no issues whatsoever. I'm considering trying out a pair or Airlift bags for the rear only when we go on trips or when we get our trailer. I don't plan on using them under normal unloaded conditions though. Might be worth looking into. :idontknow:

I think he likely already has 3" bumps due to his draglink flip - so taller springs would actually help.

Top Bottom