SPOD-ARB issue!

ARTY2

Hi all, problem: To an existing fully functioning SPOD I added a High output ARB compressor(sans lockers for now) using a SPOD adapter pigtail. What happens when I hit the switch is the compressor runs for about 4 seconds then stops and restarts in 3 seconds then stops and restarts over and over first I redid all electrical connections, no joy. Then I replaced the ARB relay, again no joy, next replaced the pressure switch, again no joy however I then made a jumper between the 2 female spade connections and low and behold compressor runs great however as a result no pressure switch so can't run it that way any ideas ?

FoxC

Hi all, problem: To an existing fully functioning SPOD I added a High output ARB compressor(sans lockers for now) using a SPOD adapter pigtail. What happens when I hit the switch is the compressor runs for about 4 seconds then stops and restarts in 3 seconds then stops and restarts over and over first I redid all electrical connections, no joy. Then I replaced the ARB relay, again no joy, next replaced the pressure switch, again no joy however I then made a jumper between the 2 female spade connections and low and behold compressor runs great however as a result no pressure switch so can't run it that way any ideas ?
I would assume you have air leaking from the pressure switch or solenoid fittings. Mine did this as well. It started up and ran until it reached the proper pressure then shut off as it should. It then started back up every 10 or so seconds. I put my ear up to it and could hear a slight leak at the pressure switch fitting. I just added a little more thread tape and then reinstalled. no problem since. hope this helps.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Have you tried actually hooking a hose up to a tire? If not, you are filling up the tiny tank then triggering the pressure switch. Yes, it only takes about four seconds. Then a little air will leak out allowing the switch to reset for a second or two until the tank fills again and trips the switch.

ARTY2

Problem solved!

Thanks Foxc and Sharkey you were both right on, small air leak, system was working as designed. I was amazed at how quick that small tank gets to pressure. Redid all fittings and tested/ soapy solution. Bright side is I now have a spare pressure switch. Again thanks for taking the time to help.:standing wave:

FoxC

Thanks Foxc and Sharkey you were both right on, small air leak, system was working as designed. I was amazed at how quick that small tank gets to pressure. Redid all fittings and tested/ soapy solution. Bright side is I now have a spare pressure switch. Again thanks for taking the time to help.:standing wave:
Glad it worked out for you:thumb:

Top Bottom