Regear to 5.13, RPMs at 80/85/90mph??

RUBEERCON

Thanks in advance.

Purchased a regear special. Picking a gear for the install next week.

Yes I have searched for a month about gears. 488 vs 513. So much misleading info that you can't trust the good info!

2015 rubicon auto stock3.6
Toyo MT 35s
(37s yeah sure but who knows when so this is a 35" tire only question. )

I use it monthly off road in all kinds of situations.

I daily drive but only 20 miles of clogged highway.

I drive 1 hour on the highway most weekends to get to Disney, Ok. Sometimes 3-5 hours to go to other off road parks out of state a few times a year.

To get to the 80/85 mph question. I run up to 90mph on the highway for short periods of time, passing mainly. I cruise at 80mph often.

I think my 35s and 410 have me right at 2900@80mph

Anyone know what 513 rpm would be at 80,85or even 90?

Leaning towards 513 gears because my so so 410 gear to a 488 doesn't seem like it's worth the swap money.

Anyway enjoy another confusing regear thread!!
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RUBEERCON

With rock trashed 35 MT's, just gotta steer it and hope they don't blow.

Actually handles well with my 35 Toyo AT street tires. I consider the Rancho 4" sport lift to be pretty street friendly also.

I can't be the only one running hot down the highway?? Am I??

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Regear RPMs at 80/85/90mph

315/70r17 Duratracs. Rpm at 70 is right at 2900. At 80 it's maybe 3300. Haven't gone 90. With 5.13 and 35's, you may need to slow down.

80 mph
IMG_8657.jpg

Edit: 4.88 gears

Last edited:

TRLJNKY

Hell I cant get 85 coming down the mountain from Tahoe with a tailwind lol

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Oil change indicator on! Check! Tire pressure caution light on! Check! Ok we are ready for one handed speed test at 90 mph. Safety first hahaha. Love it[emoji106][emoji23]

RUBEERCON

I knew that was coming lol. Other hand was holding Fireball! Just kidding.

I don't run sensors in my trail tires. Oil changed 5 times already, just got caught with light on! Just changed my GMC truck oil at 800 miles! I keep the ol jeep pretty clean, this was a few days after after BMR at Disney Ok. Even bolted the street tires on with sensors for ya!!
IMG_2690.jpg

KSCRUDE

I knew that was coming lol. Other hand was holding Fireball! Just kidding.

I don't run sensors in my trail tires. Oil changed 5 times already, just got caught with light on! Just changed my GMC truck oil at 800 miles! I keep the ol jeep pretty clean, this was a few days after after BMR at Disney Ok. Even bolted the street tires on with sensors for ya!!
View attachment 251843

Nice looking Jeep! The flares look bare or unpainted but match the Jeep perfect

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

RUBEERCON

Thanks. Bought some Aries aluminum fenders and they come polished. Figured I would run them for a bit before I powder or paint. They look decent on the silver, something different...

GraniteCrystal

I know a guy who did 5.13 and 35s. It wasn't a good choice. He'd regularly be up in the 5-6k range trying to go over a hill.

If you go 5.13, I think you'll quickly be wishing for 37s. If you want to be happy with 35s, I strongly suggest you go 4.88. There's even guys who do 4.56 and love it. Personally, I would never do 5.13 and 35s.

Once you decide and pull the trigger, post back with your impressions.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Do you need to reprogram your tranny shift points when you re-do your gears? I have a co-worker with a 2013 JKU Sahara had 4.56 put in and it wouldn't shift out of 2nd gear until they reprogrammed it does this sound right? Sorry to hi-jack this thread.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I know a guy who did 5.13 and 35s. It wasn't a good choice. He'd regularly be up in the 5-6k range trying to go over a hill.

If you go 5.13, I think you'll quickly be wishing for 37s. If you want to be happy with 35s, I strongly suggest you go 4.88. There's even guys who do 4.56 and love it. Personally, I would never do 5.13 and 35s.

^^^^ I'd listen to that.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I find 6k hard to believe unless he was in second gear winding it out.

I ran 5.13's with 35's for two years and loved every minute of it. When I went to 37's the power loss was noticeable. Granted I have a manual so it's a bit different than an auto but I would do 5.13's hands down.

Top Bottom