Brand quality assistance

Joe416

Hey guys, I'm new to the JK game. I've been into fast cars my entire life so I'm unfamiliar with most of the brands out there. I'm looking to lift my jeep and eventually regear for 37's. I just need to know brands that you'd stay away from. I'm not looking to make a wild offroad monster but a reliable daily driver that I can wheel with confidence. Thanks guys! 11385.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome to Wayalife. It's hard to give brand names for a cookie cutter build, however if you look at the preferred vendor list here, you will find that most are built here in the usa, have good service, and quality products. If you're really looking at 37s, you may want to upgrade the front axle to something like a Dynatrac prorock.

jeepr13

Look for US brands for sure. Started off buying "made in china" crap with my last Jeep and it came back to bite me almost every time. Worth the extra money to buy US made for sure. Brands I personally had issues with included smittybilt, teraflex (others on this forum will agree) and procomp. I'm sure they make some decent stuff, but since I've stuck to American brands I have had no issues and amazing customer service.

Sent from my SM-T350 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
There are many good ones and reading through the forums you will kinda know. You can never go wrong with the forum supporters. As to brands to avoid, Stay Away from ChinaFlex(Teraflex)

Joe416

There are many good ones and reading through the forums you will kinda know. You can never go wrong with the forum supporters. As to brands to avoid, Stay Away from ChinaFlex(Teraflex)
Thanks. I was looking at a few products from Teraflex. I'd like to keep it as American made as possible.

black pearl

Hooked
Thanks. I was looking at a few products from Teraflex. I'd like to keep it as American made as possible.

I made the mistake of getting teraflex though I haven't had any major issues with it aside from all four shocks are leaking in less then a year but it has served its purpose but I am switching to evo coils and rancho 9000 within the year

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

If you get the chance to ride in someone elses jeep with a Teraflex lift do it before you buy it. Their coils are quite stiff and it makes for a rough ride (has been a few years since my buddy bought his so maybe they make newer softer coils) Also i would read up on some of their warranty issues ppl on here have had, if something does break they may not warranty it like other preferred vendors on here would.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I couldn't agree more on buying USA where ever you can. Most of the companies that you see repeated over and over on this forum are not only great products, but come from great people with excellent customer service. The only non American brand that I do strongly recommend is ARB. Some of the best comments out there.

2015 JKUR AEV

Andy5160

Hooked
Look around the forum especially build thread section of the forum. You will see what guys are installing and will be able to make final decision that works best for you .

Joe416

Thanks for the input guys. I'm now looking into the Rancho 4" lifts with their 9000 series shocks. People seem to have good luck with them. The EVO set up looks amazing but my pockets aren't deep enough for that yet.

Top Bottom