Evo 1/4 pounder with stinger install question

jmedgar

Have a 1/4 pounder with stinger showing up tomorrow. I have read the write ups on install, but I was curious what size drill but I needed to install the stinger?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mikeandikes96

Have a 1/4 pounder with stinger showing up tomorrow. I have read the write ups on install, but I was curious what size drill but I needed to install the stinger?

I want to say 3/8" if you're talking the holes on the top of the bumper where the stringer mounts. I started with smaller drill bits and worked my way up

desertrunner

Don't remember the exact size but I bolted it up on the front then used I believe the second biggest size in my standard bit set to drill the holes while the stinger was bolted to the front then pulled it off to re paint the holes drilled out. I just picked the bit that was closest to the hole size.

Also if you havent seen it yet you will have to notch the frame horn to get the front bolts in

20170108_192038.jpg
20170109_180342.jpg
20170109_193717.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Awesome. Thanks for the info!

:thumb:

no problem, the install really isnt that bad, the only thing that took me a while was installing the stinger to drill the holes then pull it off to paint then put it back on only to find out the frame horn was in the way pull it off again notch it and paint and then re install haha so hopefully you only have to take it off once not twice like I did

jmedgar

Thanks again for the advice. 3/8 was the correct size and the frame horn trim advice saved me some headache. Now I just need a winch! IMG_6038.jpg

desertrunner

Thanks again for the advice. 3/8 was the correct size and the frame horn trim advice saved me some headache. Now I just need a winch! View attachment 252281

Looks great! and i love that color jeep too second favorite only behind the gecko haha

if you can find one cheap on CL like i did or have the extra cash the warn power plants fit really nice in that bumper

Top Bottom