Ever seen anything like this?

estesd

Noticed yesterday that some sort of critter has been chowing down on my right side hood latch. Anyone else experienced this? Was thinking about replacing them before I found this, but am looking more seriously now. I have been looking at the rugged ridge adjustable's, but saw in the other thread about the plastic piece breaking and the bolts coming loose. Still trying to decide which one to order.

Attachments

• 20170406_061838.jpg
    20170406_061838.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 355
  • 20170406_062031.jpg
    20170406_062031.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 351
  • 20170406_062053.jpg
    20170406_062053.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 352

WJCO

Meme King
You may have to install a game camera. Something is chewing on it. I've seen a lot of marks like that over the years from rats/mice but INSIDE the engine compartment. Those little fuckers like eating plastic for some reason.

Basscat

Definitely a small mammal chewing it up! Here in Colorado the suspect would be a Marmot or Squirrel. As WJCO said, rays and mice are famous for this also. You'd Aldo better check your engine compartment and heater vent system. Mice will build a house right in the heater motor housing! This critter looks a bit bigger though? Game camera, as mentioned, will solve the case!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I gotta agree them freakin mice will munch on just about anything they can get their teeth into ... pop a few glue traps around them on both sides and I bet what ever it is will be there waiting when ya wake up ...

estesd

I agree, probably a squirrel as we have many of them around. Gonna setup a trail camera and wait with my 40mm for some target practice! Anyone for fried squirrel?:thumb:

JeepJeep75

A good friend of mine just had rats chew through two of the main wire harnesses on his Infinite sedan. $11,500 to repair the car. That includes 38 hours of dealer labor. Good thing he has comprehensive insurance!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Lady I work with has had parts of her wiring and engine eaten by squirrels 5-6 times now....I'm starting to call bullshit but I've seen pictures....it's just getting crazy

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
They were eating the eaves of my buddy's house. He bought one of those 1000 fps pellet guns. He shot 5 or 6 gray squirrels, and they were still eating the house. He then shot 2 red squirrels, and it stopped. Same thing happened to my Dad, and it was red squirrels.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Looks like squirrel or racoons? I had little baby mice in the air cleaner of the WJ when we bought it. Like 5-6 of them. Little tiny fuckers.... Quarter size! Had to take the whole air box out to get them out and clean it because it stunk terrible!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Also wouldn't rule out a beaver? They chew through shit fast! That looks aggressive whatever it is! Good luck! Set a live trap on top of the hood with something yummy and your sure to catch it

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom