JKU RH Cage

BIG DAWG

Does anyone have pics of a RH cage in a 2017? I'm looking to see where they relocated the microphone in the "A" pillar to make room for the RH cage. Thanks

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Does anyone have pics of a RH cage in a 2017? I'm looking to see where they relocated the microphone in the "A" pillar to make room for the RH cage. Thanks

FYI, the mic is present and in the same location on ALL 2012-2017 models with UConnect :yup: so you just need ANYONE with a cage, 3.6L and UConnect :thumb:

sc_rhino

I just removed the mic from the plastic trim piece and tied it up. Sorry don't have my jeep at the moment for picture.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
IMG_3890.jpg

I know it's from the other side, but i did the same as others and just zip tied the mic up. If you really take your time the upper cover could be trimmed and reinstalled

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
View attachment 252762

I know it's from the other side, but i did the same as others and just zip tied the mic up. If you really take your time the upper cover could be trimmed and reinstalled

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

How well does your mic work with those big boy Coopers? Can the person on the other end even hear anything you're saying over the tires? I have to pull over in mine just talking without a mic let alone with one.
If I don't all I get is "What did you say?" and "Huh?" and "Speak up I can't hear shit!"

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
That pic was from when I first installed the cage, but I think it worked well with the nittos.......BUT I hardly ever run doorless. Now I have the alpine installed with its own mic and it seemed to work well today with the half doors on but I was in town not going fast.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
How well does your mic work with those big boy Coopers? Can the person on the other end even hear anything you're saying over the tires? I have to pull over in mine just talking without a mic let alone with one.
If I don't all I get is "What did you say?" and "Huh?" and "Speak up I can't hear shit!"

I use my uConnect system with the stock mic for phonecalls all the time. i'm on 37/1350 toyos; works fine around town, On the highway I need windows and top up to have a conversation. but never had a problem carrying on a conversation at 80mph on uConnect :thumb:

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Hopefully some pics show up. I'd like to see that too. I just can't run without the plastic uppers, I've got to have a finished look. I would just stare at the open section and drive right off the road, I'm way too anal about that kind of thing.

BIG DAWG

Yup I like the finished look also. Would like to move the Mic location in the panel. I'm installing my cage next week. Dropped it off for powder coat this week. Maybe someone will have a pic of a finished setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I know I saw it on here before, but it was a long time ago. I dont have the patience to figure out the cuts so I never bothered with cutting the parts.

KYRubi

We practiced on the factory trim and then did the final install with a set of new trim. I think it came out nicely though.

BCF6C0AA-0979-4525-B397-96D1681A6F63_zpsc7hovsbg.jpg

ff43efde-e863-44b1-9d44-22c2f5b4914a_zps3k54ituj.jpg

KYRubi

Here are a couple more for you. I was going for a unique cross between luxury and utility, but just missing the trim pieces gave it an unfinished, work in progress look that was driving me nuts. Since the replacement trim pieces didn't come with a hole for the mic, it was easy to put it where I wanted it.

634CF59B-2EC6-416C-9676-3A52ABFF9A76_zpsj8hhxgx4.jpg

EDF212E4-4202-4610-AC2C-D4BB69074FAF_zpsozswmrz0.jpg

Top Bottom