Jk brake hardline question

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I will be replacing the my driver side front hardline, my question is with it going into the control unit. When I remove the line is it going to leak brake fluid from there?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

I will be replacing the my driver side front hardline, my question is with it going into the control unit. When I remove the line is it going to leak brake fluid from there?

Yes, yes it will. It'll be a drip, but it won't stop. There is something you can do to stop the dripping/leaking though. IMG_4268.jpg If you get a board or a stout stick to hold the brake pedal down, it closes off the path from the reservoir into the system. Once you crack the brake line open and release the pressure, you can change the line without being in a hurry and without worry of draining your master cylinder and letting air into your ABS pump. Also don't forget to disconnect the battery since the brake lights will be on.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Yes, yes it will. It'll be a drip, but it won't stop. There is something you can do to stop the dripping/leaking though. View attachment 252075 If you get a board or a stout stick to hold the brake pedal down, it closes off the path from the reservoir into the system. Once you crack the brake line open and release the pressure, you can change the line without being in a hurry and without worry of draining your master cylinder and letting air into your ABS pump. Also don't forget to disconnect the battery since the brake lights will be on.

I will try this. Was wondering the the control unit had ball bearings in them like the masters usually do.

Top Bottom