Fold down tailgate table!!

Mikecal9985

What's going on everyone!!! I wanted to show you guys the fold down tailgate table I recently purchased from this gentleman on EBay. He fabricates them himself somewhere in North Carolina I believe.
IMG_3315.jpg
IMG_3316.jpg
Now here's the question I have for all you guys out there with much more fabrication skills than myself. This is what was sent with the table to hold it when in the down position,
IMG_3317.jpg
pretty much a shoe string. I would like something with a little more strength to be honest. Any and all ideas welcome on what I could possibly use!! Thanks guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
What's going on everyone!!! I wanted to show you guys the fold down tailgate table I recently purchased from this gentleman on EBay. He fabricates them himself somewhere in North Carolina I believe.
View attachment 252082
View attachment 252083
Now here's the question I have for all you guys out there with much more fabrication skills than myself. This is what was sent with the table to hold it when in the down position,
View attachment 252084
pretty much a shoe string. I would like something with a little more strength to be honest. Any and all ideas welcome on what I could possibly use!! Thanks guys!!

That looks like para cord if it is it has about 150 working pounds, but you can get some small steel cable and end eyelets from most hardware stores

TomDabb

You can purchase a folding hinge used for toy boxes made of metal that allows a 90 degree bent. Just not sure how you might attach it. Sheet metal screws come to mind .

cforgerson

Is that 550 paracord? Because if so I think it should be strong enough. The breaking strength is 550 lb. On the other hand I definitely see wanting to have something that looks beefier and could be more durable.

Top Bottom