High Mileage and how long will it last?

wanderer

I have an 08 rubicon jiu. I have 153000 on it. Becasue it is an 08 it has the lifetime pertain warranty. So jeep will buy my engine and tranny exhaust manifolds etc for 99year. But what about the stuff it doesn't cover ? fram? body interior etc. How long will it last? Could I get a million miles of the rest of it or am I gonna start Just Emptying Every Pocket..... on other stuff.?

Whats the most miles you have seen on a JK or a JKU?

Napalm

Is it paid off? If so, I'd drive it, wheel it, and replace things as they need to be replaced.

The alternative is to buy a new Jeep. Which while on the surface looks fine, but it means getting into another payment for another long period of time. Plus voiding any mods you have unless you swap them over.

Look at Moby, I'm estimating Eddie's got over 200k on him. Still looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The "other stuff" is cheap compared to a 35-40 thousand dollars for a new Jeep. If you like what you have, keep rolling in it. All you really have is driveshafts, shocks, diffs and a bunch of bushings to worry about. The only thing I personally worry about when a vehicle gets old is electrical stuff. On the newer vehicles like a JK, it's worse. I'd do a painless on a CJ but those are simple. Another plus for you is where you live. You shouldn't have any rust to speak of and that will help your undercarriage hold up better outside of factory bushings. Look at it this way, let's say an average payment is 500 dollars and that's for 6-7 years. If you put that much away for one year, it would probably cover anything that might go wrong for the next 6-7 years including the maintenance stuff you'd have to spend on the new car like tires, oil changes, radiator flush etc. If you have any real aftermarket, then you have to factor in new upgraded parts and what you'd lose trading in. Most places won't let you strip a trade down for your old parts. Just stuff to ponder.

wanderer

ok thanks

That is what I was thinking I'm gonna roll this until Chrysler gives me a free one justo get me out of the warranty

kttx740

I'm in a similar boat. I'd hold on to it for as long as you can. A few $1k here and there isn't bad compared to $40k!

cgar32

I have an 08 with 136000. Life time warranty. I'm going to keep on driving it till she rusts apart. Even if you put half a new payment away your still going to be ahead. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-S903VL using WAYALIFE mobile app

vitodivita

Chrysler will stop paying for repairs when the value of the vehicle is less than the repair itself, but with that said if you don't have issues right now, then there's no reason to dump your Jeep

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Is it paid off? If so, I'd drive it, wheel it, and replace things as they need to be replaced.

The alternative is to buy a new Jeep. Which while on the surface looks fine, but it means getting into another payment for another long period of time. Plus voiding any mods you have unless you swap them over.

Look at Moby, I'm estimating Eddie's got over 200k on him. Still looks great!

Yeah, still runs good being original.:thinking:

JK4Me

I saw one for sale here in Toronto with 350,000 km. Many up here with 250k+. So don't worry, you have lots of life left in it if you take care of it like I'm sure you do! I wish I had that warranty here in Canada!

JeepJeep75

I've read various posts here about the different requirements that the dealer has in order to maintain a lifetime warranty. I have a '15 JKUR with a lifetime warranty that I paid for at the time of purchase. Nowhere in any of my paperwork does it say I must have it inspected, tuned, tested, and or maintained by any dealer or Chrysler authorized service department. I'm not sure where you guys are coming up with these requirements to maintain a lifetime warranty. Was it a verbal agreement? Is it in the manual somewhere? Did the finance guy tell you that while you were doing the sales paperwork? I'm really curious about this guys. Can anyone show us something in writing that lists the requirements to maintain the warranty?

Spartan99

The lifetime powertrain warranty came standard in 08 and late 07. The 5 year thing pertains to this warranty. Mine still has it. I was just offered a handsome sum today by Chrysler to trade it in. Nope sorry not trading it in.

JeepJeep75

I was curious enough about this Lifetime warranty and the rumored inspection checks that must be done by the dealer that I went and actually talked to a real-live person sitting at the service desk at my local dealer. He told me that the lifetime power train warranty offered by Chrysler was only for the late '07 and '08 jeeps. To maintain this warranty requires annual inspections. Since I bought my '15 jeep with a bumper to bumper lifetime warranty I asked if I needed to bring it in for these annual inspections. The man said no, I DO NOT need to bring my jeep in for annuals. He did say I should keep all my recipes for maintenance type stuff, but the receipts are not required to keep the warranty he told me.

Edit add:

During the purchase of our jeep, our salesman said that the dealership themselves offer a complimentary lifetime powertrain warranty, but it's only honored at their dealership. Since I bought the bumper-to-bumper, it supersedes the local dealer powertrain warranty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom