JKU OEM Softtop

biggdeal

I have a 2017 JKU and am looking to pick up an OEM soft top for the upcoming summer months as mine only came with a hard top. Will any 2012+ OEM softtop fit, or has there been changes in design throughout that time?

I'm looking to pick up a lightly used one for <$500 and I found one from a 2014 JKU. Would you recommend that, or are there better (new non-OEM) options for around the same price?

I live in the Seattle area, so it's important the the soft top is good in the rain, but easy to transition.

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my SM-G925V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

The one from the 2014 JkU will be fine. And that seems like a good price. Just make sure it's in good shape and all hardware is there so you can install! You most likely won't find any aftermarket options for under $500 that'll be as high quality as an OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

biggdeal

Got it for $300! In excellent condition. Can't wait to put it on for the 3 months out of the year that it doesn't rain like bloody hell here in western WA.

Speaking of...anyone have pointers for keeping the softtop from leaking? I'm not sure if that's a normal issue people experience with the JK OEM softtop.

Sent from my SM-G925V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Labricon

Caught the Bug
I have OEM twill soft top on 2015 JKUR. It is the only top I have and I run it all year round. Don't get the rain you do but it has been leak free through all seasons here. Temps range from 80f to -40f

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Make sure you get the Door surrounds as well it won't seal with out them. You may already have the with the hardtop but I don't think so. Also, keep a towel in the Jeep as all tops will leak in the right circumstances. My 2016 leaked one time and hasn't since.

Top Bottom