Gear oil in new PR60/60 axles

The Cock Father

I have always preferred to run synthetic oils and lubes, but it seems like I heard somewhere that Dynatrac recommends 85w140 in the Hardcore Combo. Well, that's not a popular synthetic offering (I only see Royal Purple). I can easily get 75w140 in synthetic though.

What's everyone running in their Dynatrac 60s?

Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
If you're running an ARB locker, use standard fluid, Not synthetic. At least a couple members here have had the internal orings deteriorate after using synthetic fluid.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
If you have ARB air lockers, DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC. Synthetic oil will break down the rubber diaphragm inside the locker, which will render it useless. Just use standard 80/90 weight oil unless you plan to tow alot, then use the 85/140 oil. Again, NON SYNTHETIC.

The Cock Father

If you're running an ARB locker, use standard fluid, Not synthetic. At least a couple members here have had the internal orings deteriorate after using synthetic fluid.

If you have ARB air lockers, DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC. Synthetic oil will break down the rubber diaphragm inside the locker, which will render it useless. Just use standard 80/90 weight oil unless you plan to tow alot, then use the 85/140 oil. Again, NON SYNTHETIC.

I decided to go with the Eaton elockers, so should not be any issue with running synthetic. I won't be towing anything more than a small utility trailer, and that would only be a few times a year with minimum loads. I do have a pretty porky JKU though with skids, bumpers and a winch.

Basscat

You're right. I checked my build sheet from Dynatrac and it lists Torco 85/140 petroleum based gear oil.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom