I need one more inch of lift

Guascone

Hi guys, Friday night I had a night off road. No extreme trail but there where some ramp with twist that blocked my JKUR (both locker where engaged but we where on soft sand mixed with stones).
I try different approach to cross the obstacle but every time I was stuck due to the low clearance.

I have 2.5"(declared) lift and 35" tires and I think that one more inch could be helpfull.

Due to the low lift, I have just long travel shocks (enought long also for 3.5" lift), rear track bar relocator, 2.5" coils.
What do you think about adding coils spacers? I love the setting off my coils and shocks.
Increasing one inch the lift (by spacers), what do you think must be upgraded in order to have a well balanced rig?
Do you sugest to replace in any case also the coils?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hi guys, Friday night I had a night off road. No extreme trail but there where some ramp with twist that blocked my JKUR (both locker where engaged but we where on soft sand mixed with stones).
I try different approach to cross the obstacle but every time I was stuck due to the low clearance.

I have 2.5"(declared) lift and 35" tires and I think that one more inch could be helpfull.

Due to the low lift, I have just long travel shocks (enought long also for 3.5" lift), rear track bar relocator, 2.5" coils.
What do you think about adding coils spacers? I love the setting off my coils and shocks.
Increasing one inch the lift (by spacers), what do you think must be upgraded in order to have a well balanced rig?
Do you sugest to replace in any case also the coils?

Thanks a lot!

Yes you can add some coil spacers on top.

If you don't already you may want to install a drag link flip kit and get a new front driveshaft. If you don't have adjustable front lower control arms installed you will want to add those as well.

Guascone

Thanks for your feedback!

Reassuming, I will need:

drag link flip kit
new driveshaft
lower control arm

Will I need also a front trackbar relocator?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Reassuming, I will need:

drag link flip kit
new driveshaft
lower control arm

If you get a kit like what evo sells it will already come with the front raised trackbar bracket

JAGS

Hooked

Reassuming, I will need:

drag link flip kit
new driveshaft
lower control arm

At basically 3.5 or so lift, after adding spacer, I'd suggest a front track bar relocation mount. Since you already have a lift, you'd likely need to buy separate.

chitown35

LOSER
I'd be inclined to sell my springs and get new ones instead of adding spacers. By the time you pay for the spacers anyway you may almost break even.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom