Transportation of Jeep

Dennis

Planning a trip from Florida to Silverton Co. area as well as Moab in late summer 2013. Would like to arrange transport of my Jeep to a close location and then fly out to start wheeling. Denver Co. or Albuquerque NM would be the easest areas to fly into. Any suggestions or help would be apprecieated.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Welcome Dennis!

There are several big transportation companies that you can use. I can't remember their names but you can find them on google. The cost varied whether you use open or closed transport. Plus on the ones I looked at, you had to make all the arrangements at the drop off and pick up locations.

Sounds like a good trip. Post up some pics after you go!

Dennis

I got the transport concept, but am at a loss as to how or where to have vehicle dropped a day or 2 prior to me arriving by air!

Skid_Kid

We have two weeks and did not want to spend 1/2 of our time on the road instead of 2 weeks on the trail

That makes sense. Think a buddy of mine used National Transport when we was moving across country. They picked up his truck from my house. The only thing that he didn't like was the cab had to be empty.

Trail Bud

Hooked
Check on E bay for a AutoTransport company for the E bay car sales. I've seen them.
Contact the transport company directly.
Good luck.

Dennis

Can anyone offer any more suggestions? What do you think of having Jeep transported to a Jeep dealership for safe keeping prior to me arriving?

dhughes

Banned
Can anyone offer any more suggestions? What do you think of having Jeep transported to a Jeep dealership for safe keeping prior to me arriving?

I know a few people that do that with Harleys. They have them shipped to a dealership in the area. Try contacting a dealer in the area.

Tackerdown

Banned
why not see if they will deliver to the airport and put it in the extended parking area. then it will be ready and waiting.

Oysterman

I remember my Dad sending a car across country via a "drive away" where it is driven instead of transported.

I have seen this service advertised: http://www.autodriveaway.com/

I think they insure it the "shipment" etc, and will get it anywhere you want.

I delivered someone's Porsche from OH to NY once. I paid for gas and had a great ride. Granted it was for a friend. Maybe someone you know/trust wants to take the drive from Fl to CO and you could spring for the flight back.

Good luck. I am looking forward to a similar trip, hopefully this year.

StrizzyChris

Im sure you can find someone on here or JKF in the regional section that will receive and hold it for a couple days for you in exchange for a cold beverage! :rock:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thumper291

Transport your jeep

You fly me to pickup your jeep. I'll drive it for you and meet you there. You pay fuel tolls meals and flight home.

Ctowns

If you want to pursue shipping it to a dealer (or maybe an offroad shop) in the Denver area I can make some recommendations. I don't know if they will but it doesn't hurt to try. There isn't much near the airport but if you find a place that will take it you can hop the super shuttle that will pick you up and drop you at your location.

I wouldn't use any that are too close to Denver but that's just my opinion.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you a PM with the details.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Drive it there! Its about the Wayalife and that would be an awesome experience!

Too bad you don't have the time to drive there like Overlander suggested. You definitely miss out on alot to and from your destination. Please post if you find some one. Would be curious to how much it would cost. My wife and I are planning a road trip when we do we usually run a loop and don't go the same route back to see more.

Redrubi1

Im sure you can find someone on here or JKF in the regional section that will receive and hold it for a couple days for you in exchange for a cold beverage! :rock:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

StizzyChris is right on with that suggestion. I'm sure someone on here would be willing to help out for a beer or two.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hey Dennis,

Just for shits n giggles I found one on the internet. Put in from Columbia, SC to Las Vegas it would cost around $1195 for open and $1595 for enclosed. I checked on U Ship...you know that shipping wars show on tv where they auction shipping of product. Gave me an price between $675 - $973 with an option for high acceptance for someone to bid at $794. That's one way. It would cost me @ $150 to get there myself PLUS around 3 days to drive.

Pete

Top Bottom