Front Camber Juuuuust out of Specs

PHX JK

I put my 2015 Rubicon on the Alignment Rack at work a few days ago and the Front Camber is juuuuust out of spec on the Right Front.
Its totally stock with 16300 miles and under warranty. I'm just about to install my 4 in Enforcer I ordered and have the front Axle Housing
C Gussets and Raised Track Bar Bracket welded on.
Left front Camber is -0.4 Right Front is -0.7 (-0.6 is Max Neg Camber)

So Here's the Question, should I go for the warranty and try to get a New Axle Housing or Say F it Let's Weld Up the Cs and the Raised track bar
bracket I bought and put on the Enforcer with some 35s.

I'm gonna talk to My Service Advisor that Helped me with some spare keys about getting this warrantied . I personnaly don't think -0.7 is a big deal and I woulden't buy a new housing over it however if FCA will buy it before its welded up and got 35's on it I say what the heck I will weld up a new one. Kinda Curious what the specs will be in a new one vs my Mall Crawler one that has probably never seen dirt with the first owner.
Any Opinions?
PHX JK

Last edited:
J

JKDream

I highly doubt you have a bent C with 16k miles and stock tires. If anything your seeing a worn ball joint or unit bearing that is causing tire camber. I wouldn't run out and buy a new housing without diagnosing either of those first.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
If you're installing a 4" lift, you should be installing adjustable LCAs because your camber will definitely need to be adjusted when the lift is in.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Camber can't be changed on a solid axle vehicle. Think you're getting it mixed up with Caster. That can be addressed with adjustable control arms.

Edit: Well, it can be changed with offset ball joints but for the most part its not something considered adjustable.

WJCO

Meme King
I highly doubt you have a bent C with 16k miles and stock tires. If anything your seeing a worn ball joint or unit bearing that is causing tire camber. I wouldn't run out and buy a new housing without diagnosing either of those first.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

^^ Agreed. I would even due a tire rotation, make sure lugs are torqued properly, and then put it on the rack again just for a 2nd check to be sure. Highly unlikely you have a camber issue on a stock Jeep at that low of miles.

toyotire

many are coming from the factory out of spec. My buddy bought a new D44 crate axle and we installed it and put it on the rack and it was out of spec. my 14 was out of spec from the get go and never has changed in 60,000 miles so at -0.07 I would not worry. if it were -1.2 maybe.

BaddestCross

Camber can't be changed on a solid axle vehicle. Think you're getting it mixed up with Caster. That can be addressed with adjustable control arms.

Edit: Well, it can be changed with offset ball joints but for the most part its not something considered adjustable.
Doh. Yup. Words are hard. 😂

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

PHX JK

Gonna Let the Dealer Deside

Talked with the Service Manager
Showed him the printout and and he said "If it is out of spec on our machine and not Modified it's probably getting a front axle"
I have an Appointment at 7:40am tomorrow. I will keep you posted on how this all plays out.
PHX

J

JKDream

Talked with the Service Manager
Showed him the printout and and he said "If it is out of spec on our machine and not Modified it's probably getting a front axle"
I have an Appointment at 7:40am tomorrow. I will keep you posted on how this all plays out.
PHX
Tell him to make it a 60 for the inconvenience :D

PHX JK

Up Date on the Front Axle Housing

This Saturday Morning I Picked up the Rubicon with a New Axle Housing, new upper and lower ball Joints, and new Pinion Bearing for the front axles. Well I'm Impressed with the work quality and service performed by my local Phoenix Jeep dealership with the correction of my non adjustable front camber. It's hard to say if it was the ball joints, the front axle C's or the longer side of the front axle pumpkin that was bent but the out of spec front camber has been corrected under Jeeps warranty. I had -0.4 left and -0.7 degrees right front camber before repairs on the front end of my 16,300 mi Rubicon. Yes I know -0.7 is juuuuuuuust out of spec but consider that if your Jeep front axle is under warranty and not yet modified it might be worth your while to make sure your front axle is good before adding C gussets, trusses or track bar mounts. Once you do this you are what we call in the industry (an owner) and no longer have warranty coverage.

I had my apprentice drop me off to pick up the Jeep and less than an hour later had the Jeep on our alignment rack at work to check the results of the exceptional workmanship of the new Axle Housing installation. I have included pics of the perfect -0.4 left and -0.4right degree front camber achieved with the warranty repairs of the front axle and ball joints (not sure if they automatically come with the housing). The results don't lie now I have a perfect front axle to install the Synergy C gussets and the Synergy Weld On Raised Track Bar Bracket to the new axle Housing.
I have withheld the Names of the Service Advisor, Technician and the Dealership who performed the repairs however I will be glad to let our Arizona Members know where the work was done provided it's OK with the Forum Admin. I believe the front housing is covered under Chrysler Powertrain 5 years 60000 miles so its something to consider if you are within that range to get it fixed before you modify the front axle or other related non factory recommended mods.
I hope you guys find this information helpful in your builds
PHX JK

On with Phase One of my Orange Overlander

Attachments

• Front Dyna 44 a.JPG
    Front Dyna 44 a.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Front Dyna 44b.JPG
    Front Dyna 44b.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Front Dyna 44c.JPG
    Front Dyna 44c.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 66
  • Front Dyna 44 d.JPG
    Front Dyna 44 d.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This Saturday Morning I Picked up the Rubicon with a New Axle Housing, new upper and lower ball Joints, and new Pinion Bearing for the front axles. Well I'm Impressed with the work quality and service performed by my local Phoenix Jeep dealership with the correction of my non adjustable front camber. It's hard to say if it was the ball joints, the front axle C's or the longer side of the front axle pumpkin that was bent but the out of spec front camber has been corrected under Jeeps warranty. I had -0.4 left and -0.7 degrees right front camber before repairs on the front end of my 16,300 mi Rubicon. Yes I know -0.7 is juuuuuuuust out of spec but consider that if your Jeep front axle is under warranty and not yet modified it might be worth your while to make sure your front axle is good before adding C gussets, trusses or track bar mounts. Once you do this you are what we call in the industry (an owner) and no longer have warranty coverage.

I had my apprentice drop me off to pick up the Jeep and less than an hour later had the Jeep on our alignment rack at work to check the results of the exceptional workmanship of the new Axle Housing installation. I have included pics of the perfect -0.4 left and -0.4right degree front camber achieved with the warranty repairs of the front axle and ball joints (not sure if they automatically come with the housing). The results don't lie now I have a perfect front axle to install the Synergy C gussets and the Synergy Weld On Track bar to the new axle Housing.
I have withheld the Names of the Service Advisor, Technician and the Dealership who performed the repairs however I will be glad to let our Arizona Members know where the work was done provided it's OK with Eric Oh. I believe the front housing is covered under Chrysler Powertrain 5 years 60000 miles so its something to consider if you are within that range to get it fixed before you modify the front axle or other related non factory recommended mods.
I hope you guys find this information helpful in your builds
PHX JK

On with Phase One of my Orange Overlander

People like you are the reason factory parts are priced as high as they are. Just post the name of the dealership instead of trying to act all sneaky.

And who the fuck is Eric?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

PHX JK

Yeah I mean Eddie

Heck if your 40k deep in a Jeep why not have Jeep make sure you are squared Away.
If you think Jeep Parts are Expensive go to a Toyota of Honda Dealership and tell me what you think.
I will gladly refer any Member to the Dealer who took care of me in a PM.
Sorry I Eddie I got your name wrong.

The Point of my thread is to consider the support offered on your new or used Jeeps to build a
better foundation. Looking at Used Jeeps out of warranty It might be a good Idea to see how far
gone the Camber is and to consider an axle upgrade into the Budget or if it's Stock consider
getting warranty coverage before starting the Build.
I'm new at the Jeeping thing but have 23 years in the Dealerships as a Technician and know
that all these Fancy Parts are only as good as the Mechanic who installs them and sets it up
properly. :beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom