Brake tech - Bypass ABS system?

geberhard

Douchebag
Good info on this thread, http://wayalife.com/newreply.php?p=876894, on some brake options, however I am debating fully bypassing the ABS system on my JK after the one ton axle swap. For background 2010 JKUR with KP Ford Dana 60 front (ford dual caliper brakes), and rear 14 bolt (Chevy 3/4 front calipers)

Question:

Will bypassing the ABS completely (meaning connect brake lines directly to the master cylinder cause the check engine light to come on (I do not care about the ABS light being on, but must have the check engine light off to keep the car passing smog in California :)

Has anyone here done this mod? I am contemplating between the J8 brake setup Mopar has, or installing a Dodge RAM 2500 MC with a TJ\YJ booster as that combo worked very well with the same axles on previous rigs.

Thanks!

Gui

17265135_10155136149173011_2249000069882432375_n.jpg

Last edited:

OhNoTheJiggies

I'm not sure, but if it helps...
I had a bad speed sensor on one of my wheels so I pulled the fuse for the ABS pump and ran like that for quite some time. Never popped a check engine light and even scanned it on several different occasions (mainly to see if it would tell me which sensor was bad) and it never had a fault code of any sort, never had the check engine light come on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

geberhard

Douchebag
Thanks! I am running rear sensors only for now (ABS and Brake light come on), but will try the fuse removal idea.

I am not sure if any CEL sensor would pop by bypassing the abs, so may just start experimenting and disconnecting some of the wiring to the ABS module as well to see if it will trigger anything.

PilotJK

I'm not sure, but if it helps...
I had a bad speed sensor on one of my wheels so I pulled the fuse for the ABS pump and ran like that for quite some time. Never popped a check engine light and even scanned it on several different occasions (mainly to see if it would tell me which sensor was bad) and it never had a fault code of any sort, never had the check engine light come on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Same here... I removed the same fuse in mine for over 2 years.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom