Magnaflow vs dynomax exhausts-pros/cons

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I'm finally going for new exhaust. Been running a banks cai for a while but want to get the full HP benefit. Mines a 2010 4dr. Short arms. Prefer deeper vs raspy sound. And easy install with minimal mods. Clearance matters. Not a dd but most offloading is rock crawling. Any recommendations? Thanks

Tackerdown

Banned
I think a lot of guies on hear like the dyno competition , there is a vid from WOL with his.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tackerdown

Banned
If you're looking for an awesome new exhaust system for your 2012-up Jeep JK Wrangler, you really need to look no further than DynoMax. Their new Evolution Competition Exhaust System requires no welding, provides better clearance, is very affordable and most important of all - sounds great! And, as you can see in this write-up below, the whole thing is super easy to install and can be done in about an hour using basic tools.

What you'll need:
• 15,16mm (or 5/8" Sockets & Wrenches
• Ratchet
• WD40 or similar lubricant
• Large Prybar
• Grinder with Cutting Wheel (optional)

Here's a shot of the DynoMax 2012-Up JK Evolution Competition Exhaust System and all the parts you'll get with it.

1. Using a 15mm wrench, loosen the clamp bolt securing the factory exhaust pipe to the muffer as shown...

2. Using a 15mm wrench, loosen the clamp bolt securing the factory exhaust pipe to the Y-Pipe as shown...

3. Spray some WD40 or similar lubricant on all 4 rubber exhaust hanger isolators. There are 2 in the rear on either side of your muffler...

There's one along the frame rail just forward of the muffler...

And, there's one between the resonator and Y-pipe as shown...

4. Use a large pry bar to separate the muffler from the rubber exhaust hanger isolators...

5. Pull on and work the muffler back and forth until it separates from the exhaust pipe. Remove and discard the factory muffler...

6. With the muffler removed, use a large pry bar to separate the exhaust pipe from the remaining 2 frame rail exhaust hanger isolators...

7. Pull and work the exhaust pipe and resonator back and forth until it separates from the Y-pipe. Remove and discard the factory exhaust system..

8. Using a 16mm socket, loosen the 2 bolts securing the forward edge of your EVAP skid plate to the cross member as shown...

9. This may not be the case anymore but, I got an early kit and, while the exhaust hanger bracket that's provided with the kit would work as is, I wanted mine to sit flush and to do that, a little clearancing was needed. If you too got an early kit and wish to do the same, you can start by removing the bolt closest to the driver side frame rail. With that removed, use a grinder to cut the skid plate lip and level it out...

This is what it should look like when all is said and done...

10. Take one of the stepped clamps provided and slip the narrower end onto the end of the factory Y-pipe as shown...

11. Install the DynoMax intermediate pipe onto the end of the factory Y-pipe making sure that the welded exhaust hanger is pointing toward the frame rail...

12. Push the new intermediate pipe all the way on and then connect the exhaust hanger onto the factory isolator...

13. Using a 16mm or 5/8" socket, secure the clamp in place...

14. Remove the remaining EVAP skid plate bolt, place the new exhaust hanger provided with the kit on top of it making sure that the pin is pointing toward the driver side frame rail and then, loosly secure everything back in place using the 2 factory bolts...

15. Slip the remaining stepped clamp onto the intermediate pipe and then install your new DynoMax exhaust onto it as shown...

16. Slip the remaining smaller clamp on the end of the exhaust and then, install the exhaust tip onto it so that the opening is pointing downward...

17. Install one of the factory exhaust hanger isolators that you removed earlier onto the pin of the new cross member hanger provided and onto the exhaust tip as well as shown...

18. Using a 16mm socket, tighten down the 2 evap canister skid plate bolts...

19. Using a 16mm or 5/8" socket, secure the exahust tip clamp in place...

20. Peel off the clear plastic protector from the exhaust and you're done...

Start up your engine and enjoy the sound and performance of your new DynoMax JK Evolution Competition Exhaust System. 

DynoMax 2012-Up JK Evolution Competition Exhaust System Sound Clips

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hollywd32

I see everyone likes the dyno max but what model for 4 dr rubicon ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Big C 86

I hear a lot of exhausts on both the 3.8s and 3.6s ~ just ordered a Dynomax EVO Comp for my 3.6L. Magnaflow sounds good on the 3.8, not impressed with it on the 3.6. Same with Banks ~ not impressed with the sound they get out of the 3.6, but the deeper tone of the 3.8 works well.

WillMooseJaw

I just installed the Dynomax evolution competition system this last weekend on my 3.8 and it sounds great and was super easy to install using the factory exhaust hangers! My average mpg has gone down though, just because I stomp on it every chance I get it sounds so good. :rock:

biggy

I just installed a 4" round 18" long stainless magnaflow muffler just in front of the rear axle. Just cut a section out and fit the muffler in. I cut the tail pipe just where the stock pipe bends down after the rear axle.. This setup sounds great has no drone at all and only cost me 70bucks for the muffler. I have the evo carrier on order and I am going to run bumperless so I wanted the ugly factory exhaust gone as it would stick out like a sore thumb without a bumper. The nice growl is an added benefit. This is with the 3.8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the experience . Seem like either will be a great choice. It's going to get to ease of install.

Top Bottom