Coil questions

medic_23387

I have been running Rusty's coils for a few years now without any problems or complaints. As my suspension has been upgrade my coils haven't. I am having bad unseating at full flex. I have looked at spring retainers and dual rate springs. Any advise as to which I should do.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

medic_23387

After long arm upgrades I'm unseating. I understand shorter shocks would solve the problem but why take my drop away when a Dual rate spring would solve the issue as well and maintain my drop? I'm not being rude I'm just floating around what's going around my head

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Just like what was suggested....Shorter shocks. How about limiting straps then? You kinda answered your own question on some of the options.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
After long arm upgrades I'm unseating. I understand shorter shocks would solve the problem but why take my drop away when a Dual rate spring would solve the issue as well and maintain my drop? I'm not being rude I'm just floating around what's going around my head

Dual rate springs would not fix the issue. Your suspension is NOT set up correctly if your cool is unseating. Long arms have nothing to do with it either.

medic_23387

14in travel if I remember right. They aren't falling out or anything they just twist. They are just a hair to short on extension

J

JKDream

Explain to me how dual rates that extend massively wouldn't stop the problem of unseating?
Because they don't extend "massively". Your shocks are too long. You don't gain travel from a long arm kit unless you had some serious binding issues before. I run standard springs and very long shocks and mine don't unseat because they're paired for the same amount of lift. Are you running a 28+ shock on a ~2 inch lift?

medic_23387

They don't fall out they just get loose on full flex causing them to twist some and unseat from the stop on the bottom perch

J

JKDream

14in travel if I remember right. They aren't falling out or anything they just twist. They are just a hair to short on extension
A 14 inch travel shock for a JK would be around 32" extended. That is too long. You should be using a ~28-30" extended for your lift or using limiting straps as previously mentioned.

Top Bottom