Uses for unused console switch

GraniteCrystal

Anybody found a good use for this empty spot on the center console? Possible to put a switch in there to lights, winch, etc?

Screenshot_20170412-094842-432x768.png

Frydaddy

Anybody found a good use for this empty spot on the center console? Possible to put a switch in there to lights, winch, etc?

You can fit a switch in there, as long as it clears the circuit board underneath it. I used a cheap amazon switch, it fits in there just barely. cut the metal tabs in the back and solder the wires flush to clear the board. the 3/4" hole was dremeled out and cover glued into place.

1463258550617.jpg IMG_20160508_174814237.jpg

JeepJeep75

If you pop that switch cluster out, you may find it is just one, single circuit board with all the switches talking to the bus network in the jeep via only 3 or 4 comm wires. Here's what my locker-sway bar switches look like: IMG_7806.jpg you can see the factory connector next to the switches I added. I had to trim a tiny bit of the green circuit board to get enough room for two switches in there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Breer

Caught the Bug
It is one solid circuit board back there. From the research I have done there are tabs that keep the blank switch from moving. Filing down the tabs allows the blank switch to move freely and a switch can be mounted against the back surface to keep the OEM look. You have to cut the circuit board though to make room for the switch and since you have the active OEM switches on either side I don't know if that would be possible. It's not like you can hack off an unused end of the board because it has the heated seat switches on either end...

Top Bottom