Door ajar switch or door switch for dome light

WJCO

Meme King
Most cars nowadays, they're built into the latch. Best to hook into the harness or fuse box, not the switch itself.

Frydaddy

The doors are signaled internally to the door latch, I have a sport model, and there are only two wires to each door. unplug it, and the jeep defaults to assuming that door is closed.

You may not want to wire directly to the switch harness, but to the dome light signal. Even then, you want to run that through a relay to minimize your load on the existing wiring. The footwell lights have actually two LEDs, one for when the doors are open, and one for when the headlights are on. You will be looking for the Yellow wire with the White stripe.

Romac2223

The doors are signaled internally to the door latch, I have a sport model, and there are only two wires to each door. unplug it, and the jeep defaults to assuming that door is closed.

You may not want to wire directly to the switch harness, but to the dome light signal. Even then, you want to run that through a relay to minimize your load on the existing wiring. The footwell lights have actually two LEDs, one for when the doors are open, and one for when the headlights are on. You will be looking for the Yellow wire with the White stripe.

Awesome just what I needed. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Romac2223

Thank you thank you, I found the yellow wire with the white stripe and hooked up my step bar lights and they are awesome, again thank you!

Frydaddy

Thank you thank you, I found the yellow wire with the white stripe and hooked up my step bar lights and they are awesome, again thank you!

You used a relay right? Pulling too much power from the stock wiring can do a lot more than just pop fuses, It can lead to possible electrical nightmares down the road. I know.

Warren JP

Great thread, thanks to everyone... if I just want LED's outside to come on and off with the dome light (no additional switch to use as rock lights) will this still be a big load for the existing circuit? If so, can you please suggest the most suitable type of relay to use? Thank you.

Top Bottom